Enterasys Unveils Winners of Exemplary School District Awards Visionary School Districts Recognized for Advances in 24x7 Learning, Individual Instruction and Curricular Growth
Salem, N.H., Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, is honoring four of its visionary K-12 education customers with the Enterasys Exemplary School Award for having demonstrated their educational commitment to implementing a personalized 21st century learning environment. The four winners embody the best in American education by striving to engage today's digital students through creating an individualized 24 x 7 mobile learning environment.
- Port Huron Area School District: Port Huron, Mich.
- Stephenville Independent School District: Stephenville, Texas
- Town of Enfield: Enfield, Conn.
- Washington Unified School District: West Sacramento, Calif.
Vala Afshar, chief marketing officer & chief customer officer, Enterasys, @ValaAfshar
"Enterasys is tremendously proud of the advances our visionary customers are making in mobility in their school districts, empowering teachers and students to achieve new levels of engagement and access. We applaud Port Huron Area School District, Stephenville Independent School District, the Town of Enfield and Washington Unified School District for their successes and look forward to seeing them drive other cutting-edge applications of mobility in learning environments."
- Stimulate 24x7 Learning: To meet the demands of today's competitive global economy, schools must create lifetime learners. To promote this concept and qualify for the Enterasys Exemplary School Award, a school must institute a 1:1 or BYOD mobile learning environment.
- Facilitate Individual Instruction: Learning is not a one-size-fits-all environment. Networks and resources must be individualized to permit secure per-user, per-device policies to allow every student to individually learn and excel.
- Encourage Curricular Growth: To meet the demands of curricular change, a district must implement an infrastructure that readily adapts to curricular needs. Everyone learns differently, and the network must be prepared to meet the growing requirements of eBooks, streaming video and blended or flipped learning.
- Enterasys K-12 Solutions Webpage
- Enterasys Social Media Newsroom
- Connect with Enterasys via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
SOURCE Enterasys Networks, Inc.