SAN FRANCISCO, June 14, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Cloud Foundry Foundation today in Santa Clara kicked off Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley 2017, the industry's premier event for enterprise developers looking to increase cloud-native software engineering skills. This year's event includes offerings such as a new on-site Developer Certification program and speaking tracks dedicated to Java and Node.js as well as how to develop in a polyglot environment.
Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley is the summer's biggest event for enterprise application developers. Attendees will also have access to the new Cloud Foundry Developer Certification (CFDC) at Summit. Performance-based, community-based and independent of any distribution vendor, Cloud Foundry Developer Certification is the guaranteed way to demonstrate cloud-native skills and allow developers to be highly productive while working on top of Cloud Foundry. Since announcing the program in March 2017, more than 5,000 developers have been trained.
The Summit comes amid explosive growth of Cloud Foundry worldwide with 2,400 contributors since inception, 51,000 commits in the last 12 months alone, 70,000 people participating in global community events and 64 total members making Cloud Foundry the industry leader in the growing cloud application platform market. According to internal research, Cloud Foundry has 35 percent of the total market across all deployments. Cloud Foundry's total market value is approximately $2.8 billion, rising to $5.25 billion in a few years, if estimates from Gartner and Cloud Foundry's market share both hold true.
"Companies are increasingly focused on software as a crucial part of their organizations. This shift highlights the growing shortage of talent available to work in this rapidly changing field," said Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation. "In fact, this change led us to re-imagine the Cloud Foundry Summit, bringing the developer experience to the forefront through new language-specific tracks as well as on-site training and certification."
Cloud Foundry Community News at Summit:
- Member news:
- CF Local is a community-developed project that gives users a local Cloud Foundry experience.
- Kubo, a project to enable deployment and ongoing management of the Kubernetes container orchestration tool, has joined the Cloud Foundry Foundation as an incubating project, with initial committers from Google and Pivotal.
- cf-networking-release v1.0 is now available. Operators and app developers can use the CF networking features to enable direct container-to-container communication, configure granular application-level policies and apply policies dynamically without requiring applications to restart.
- Hazelcast IMDG for Pivotal Cloud Foundry uses on-demand services SDK, a part of Pivotal Cloud Services SDK, to fully utilize BOSH-2.0 features and provision instances more flexibly.
- anynines' a9s Kickstart Bundle contains a growing list of production-grade data services for Cloud Foundry, including PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ and Redis. The Bundle completes the platform with just one single license.
- DataDog, the essential monitoring service for modern cloud applications, announced its new integration with Cloud Foundry which enables dev and ops teams to automatically monitor the health of their database clusters.
- Dynatrace unveiled the first fully automated, full stack monitoring capabilities for Cloud Foundry. A new BOSH add-on enables AI-powered performance monitoring for Cloud Foundry, with zero-configuration required.
- Recently announced, SAP Cloud Platform now delivers a groundbreaking multi-cloud business platform based on Cloud Foundry that offers smart business services, Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT) and machine learning capabilities as well as a unified digital market experience via the SAP App Center.
- Fujitsu has expanded its Cloud Foundry public cloud K5 (a next generation cloud platform, specifically created to enable efficient, easy and cost effective enterprise level digital transformation) into five countries (Japan, UK, Finland, Spain, Germany) and will launch it in US this year.
- Innovivi, a newly-founded center of excellence for entrepreneurship and innovation based in India, is the first social impact organization to engage in a Global Partnership with Cloud Foundry Foundation. Innovivi will focus on providing training, evangelization of Cloud Foundry Foundation and services, and will invest in building innovative initiatives with a special impact for women. Cloud Foundry Foundation donated its cloud training content to Innovivi.
Cloud Foundry users Comcast, HCSC, Humana, Royal Bank of Canada and more will discuss multi-cloud solutions and developer creativity using Cloud Foundry, joining Foundation members from Google, IBM, Pivotal and SAP. Keynote speakers include Cloud Foundry Executive Director Abby Kearns and CTO Chip Childers as well as SAP's Bjoern Goerke, Liberty Mutual's Mojgan Lefebvre, RedMonk's Stephen O'Grady and Ogilvy's Jessica Criscione.
The three-day Summit will be emceed by Cloud Foundry community member Kim Bannerman, who will also participate on a Diversity panel alongside Dr. Kyla McMullen, Pivotal's Senior Director of Technology Cornelia Davis, Distinguished Engineer and CTO of IBM Bluemix Garage Rachel Reinitz, and Opal Perry, Divisional Chief Information Officer of Claims, Allstate Insurance Company.
Attendees will join other developers and CIOs to gain first-hand access to Cloud Foundry roadmaps, training and tutorials, and to see how others are using Cloud Foundry to support continuous innovation and application portability.
"We are excited about what we have been able to accomplish at SAP with Cloud Foundry. It's at the core of SAP Cloud Platform and the technical enabler of our multi-cloud platform as a service solution," said Bjoern Goerke, CTO & President SAP Cloud Platform at SAP SE. "As a co-founding Platinum member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation we are fully committed to foster Cloud Foundry's position as the de-facto standard in Enterprise PaaS together with the other foundation members."
"SAP Cloud Platform Internet of Things has enabled us to onboard and manage our SPS Robot Nc Motion from Mitsubishi Electric in a fast and efficient way," said Thomas Lantermann, Senior Solution Consultant FA EMEA, Factory Automation, European Business Group, Mitsubishi Electric. "In particular, the immediate visualization of the sensor data without any coding, the secure communication from device to the cloud and also tight and smooth integration of relevant data into any backend application via the SAP Cloud Platform was impressive."
Cloud Foundry is an open source technology backed by the largest technology companies in the world, including Cisco, Dell EMC, Google, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Pivotal, SAP and SUSE, and is being used by leaders in manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services. Only Cloud Foundry delivers the velocity needed to continuously deliver apps at the speed of business. Cloud Foundry's container-based architecture runs apps in any language on your choice of cloud — Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware vSphere, SoftLayer and more. With a robust services ecosystem and simple integration with existing technologies, Cloud Foundry is the modern standard for mission critical apps for global organizations.
About Cloud Foundry Foundation
The Cloud Foundry Foundation is an independent non-profit organization formed to sustain the development, promotion and adoption of Cloud Foundry as the industry standard platform for cloud applications. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications. Cloud Foundry is an Apache 2.0 licensed project available on Github: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more, visit: http://www.cloudfoundry.org.
Cloud Foundry Foundation
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/enterprise-developers-from-global-2000-organizations-take-stage-at-cloud-foundry-summit-2017-300473938.html
SOURCE Cloud Foundry Foundation