BEDFORD, Mass., Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- EnterpriseDB® (EDB™), the leading enterprise Postgres database company, today announced a collaboration with Google Inc. to release EDB Postgres™ Enterprise in Google Cloud Launcher, an online marketplace created and operated by Google Cloud Platform.Click here to access.
"The addition of EDB Postgres Enterprise to Google Cloud Launcher expands the options available to cloud computing customers who want to use Postgres for their applications, but require enterprise-class features and capabilities," said Lenley Hensarling, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Product Management, EDB. "Combining the EDB Postgres solution with Google's innovative infrastructure and advanced technology ensures that end users have a state-of-the-art data platform in the cloud for building, testing and deploying their applications."
James Chinn, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Partner at Shadow-Soft, added, "As a Google Cloud Platform services partner, we develop and provide managed services for customers' applications on Google Cloud Platform. Now, with EDB Postgres Enterprise available via Google Cloud Launcher, we can give our customers quick and easy access to an enterprise-class DBMS with exceptional performance, security, compatibility and affordability."
Google Cloud Launcher is designed to make developers more efficient, removing operational deployment and configuration tasks so developers can focus on what matters – building enterprise applications and supporting their users. Additional benefits of using EDB Postgres Enterprise on Google Cloud Launcher include:
- Fast and easy access to an enhanced version of Postgres with enterprise-class performance and security, as well as database compatibility for Oracle, in just three clicks
- Dramatic cost savings compared to Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server on Amazon Web Services, and significant enterprise enhancements to open source PostgreSQL
- Database portability, enabling DBAs to move data between the cloud and on-premises deployments
About EDB Postgres Enterprise
EDB Postgres Enterprise, an open source-based database management system (DBMS) subscription service, includes EDB's open source-based database with enterprise features, such as enhanced performance, security, DBA and developer features, and database compatibility with Oracle. Additional subscription capabilities include:
- Management Suite: Graphical user interface to provision, manage, monitor, and alert the database, perform backup and recovery operations, and manage database availability
- Integration Suite: Data Federation and Distributed Transaction Management capabilities to integrate the database with enterprise data management environments
- Migration Suite: Tools to migrate applications from commercial databases to open source-based databases
- Deployment Options: Bare Metal, Virtual, Public, Private & Hybrid Clouds
- Services and Support: 24/7 Support, Professional Services, RemoteDBA Services, Training, and Certification
EDB will attend Next 2016, Google's global user conference for the cloud computing industry, on March 23-24, at Pier 48, in San Francisco, California. To learn more about EDB Postgres, email sales@EnterpriseDB.com.
About EnterpriseDB (EDB)
EDB is the leading worldwide provider of PostgreSQL software and services that enable enterprises to reduce their reliance on costly traditional solutions and slash their database spend by 80% or more. With powerful performance and security enhancements for PostgreSQL, sophisticated management tools for global deployments and database compatibility with and the ability to migrate from Oracle, EDB software supports mission-critical enterprise applications. More than 3,400 enterprises, governments and other organizations worldwide use EDB software, support, training and professional services to integrate PostgreSQL into their existing data infrastructures. EDB is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
EnterpriseDB is a registered trademark and EDB and EDB Postgres are trademarks of EnterpriseDB. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Media Contact for EDB: