Entrepreneurs Kick Start New Products that Inspire Parent-Child Bond and Solve Unmet Needs
Huggies MomInspired Welcomes 10 New Grant Recipients to its Growing Network
More than $600,000 Provided to Parent Entrepreneurs since 2010
DALLAS, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A strong parent-child bond is crucial to emotional growth and development1, and this relationship provides a foundation that sets up a child for lifelong success2. Today, Huggies MomInspired is proud to announce 10 new grant recipients who have products and services designed to strengthen this bond – and provide parents with more moments to connect with their children. For example, one of the products in this year's group of grant recipients helps make diaper changes quick and easy without having to expose baby's temperature-sensitive chest. Another provides solutions for playtime moments when baby is sitting at the table or in a highchair.
Recipients will receive $15,000 each to help fund their innovative ideas, as well as receive business advice and support from Kimberly-Clark and Maria Bailey, host of Mom Talk Radio and founder of BlueSuitMom.com.
"I am thrilled to welcome this latest class to the Huggies MomInspired family that has grown now to 42 members," said Huggies senior brand manager, Kelly Stephenson. "This year's recipients are seeing unmet needs and working hard to create products and services that benefit parents, children and their relationships. We are also excited to have our first dad grant recipient, Greg O'Sullivan, who has nearly 30 years of entrepreneurial experience. Greg continues to find new ways to solve age-old problems that parents encounter every day with their children."
Since 2010, the Huggies MomInspired program has awarded more than $600,000 to fund the ideas of entrepreneurial parents who have created solutions for everything from keeping baby gear organized to helping children learn essential skills as they develop, grow and bond with their parents.
Anyone with an original, innovative and viable new product idea to help make life easier for parents can apply to the Huggies MomInspired grant program; applications open each spring.
New 2013 grant recipients include:
- Baby Dipper: Created by Barbara Schantz, the Baby Dipper bowl allows one-handed feeding of infants and makes self-feeding easy for toddlers.
- Baby Elephant Ears: Created by Alicia Overby, Baby Elephant Ears is a multi-use headrest providing spinal/neck alignment and comfort for babies.
- buggyguard: Created by Annette Atteridge, this innovative anti-theft stroller lock provides moms with peace of mind with four adorable designs.
- Grapple: Created by Amy Oh, this multi-toy tether solves the age-old problem of toys being dropped or thrown to the ground when your baby is sitting at the table or in a highchair.
- The High Chair Organizer: Created by Abraxas Abrams-Pickens, the High Chair Organizer has two sealable pockets and provides a spot for storage of bottles, sippy cups, forks and spoons to offer convenience at baby's meal time.
- Kanga Boo: Created by Amanda Braselton, the Kanga Boo provides a shopping cart support belt for infants and toddlers.
- Pully Palz: Created by Julie Thompson, Pully Palz is an innovative pacifier toy that attaches to car seats, bouncers, and more, and keeps pacifiers in view and in reach.
- Kidswitch: Created by Greg O'Sullivan, Kidswitch allows toddlers to operate light switches that are out of reach but not out of their realm of ability.
- StrollAway: Created by Mary Ann Schwanewede, The StrollAway provides an off-the-floor, out-of-the way home for folded strollers.
- Zippyz: Created by Lisa Youngelson, Zippyz by Little Trendyz are patented ultra-soft organic cotton rompers that zip from the foot to the belly allowing you to keep your baby's chest covered and warm, making diaper changes quick and easy.
About the Huggies MomInspired Grant Program
The Huggies MomInspired Grant Program was created to help entrepreneurs bring their start-ups and new product ideas to life by providing business counsel and funding. Since 2010, the program has received more than 2,200 applications and awarded 42 grants totaling more than $600,000 to help make their business dreams a reality. For more information about the grant recipients and the program, visit HuggiesMomInspired.com.
Join the Conversation
To stay up to date on the latest Huggies brand and parenting news, follow @Huggies on Twitter and visit www.facebook.com/huggies or www.facebook.com/huggieslatino to become a fan and share tips and stories with other Huggies Moms and Dads.
Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No.1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 141-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
1 2012 University of Iowa study "Parental Bonding=Happy, Stable Child" published in the journal Child Development
2 2008 Nebraska Center for Research on Children, Youth, Families and Schools study "Parent Engagement and School Readiness" published in the International Encyclopedia of Education
Contact: Rachel Dorton
Contact: Eric Bruner
More by this Source
Scott Brand Shares Its Value by Awarding $25,000 to Oxford, Ala. School
Mar 24, 2014, 06:00 ET
Cottonelle "Recharges" South by Southwest Conference-Goers
Mar 07, 2014, 07:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.