Entrepreneurs Showcase Businesses During Babson Summer Venture Program Demo Day July 26th
WELLESLEY, Mass., July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Leading student entrepreneurs will showcase their businesses to venture capitalists, angel investors, friends, and family members during the Babson Summer Venture Program Demo Day on July 26th from 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. at Babson's Olin Auditorium on campus.
A 10-week intensive experience designed to accelerate the development of student entrepreneurial ventures, The Summer Venture Program supports the most promising MBA and undergraduate entrepreneurs from Babson College, Olin Engineering, and Wellesley Colleges. The program offers one of the foremost collegiate programs in the country that supports startups by providing students with quality resources to develop their business ideas from start to finish. The program concludes with a Demo Day, a culmination of the students' hard work and an opportunity for participants to showcase their accomplishments.
Register and see a full list of the 2012 Summer Venture Program presenting teams below:
- AUDEN (Rebecca Borenstein M'13) - AUDEN offers sophisticated women comfortable, easy fit clothing with a contemporary twist. Versatile separates made of jersey and tech fabrics that transition easily from the boardroom to dinner out on the town.
- BEEP (Ramon Salinas M'12) - BEEP (Business Entrepreneurship Extension Packs) is a non-profit that creates Extension Packs for popular board games to help teachers and parents teach business concepts and entrepreneurial skills to high school kids.
- BYOBeats @BYO_Beats (Thomas Lavin '12) - BYOBeats offers a unique wireless and portable surround sound system that connects sound from any media device in your home.
- CAMFormulas.com @CAMFormulas (Josh Harwell M'12) - CAMFormulas.com is an online retailer of high-quality, pharmaceutical grade health, beauty and nutritional products.
- Expressionality (David Blutenthal M'13) - Expressionality is a music app that uses playlist sharing to express musical taste and personality attributes among one's Facebook and friend network.
- HeSpoke @ShopHeSpoke (Njweng (Jojo) Yangni, Wellesley '14 & Stella Odewumi, Wellesley '13) -HeSpoke is an online menswear retailer that curates a diverse assortment of brands for men whose style is a mixture of vintage, street wear and preppy fashion. Launched in 2012 by two friends, HeSpoke simplifies the process of finding one-of-a kind clothing by curating our apparel to fit to his unique taste. // HeSpoke. We Answered.
- MandaSeguro (Matias Sevi '12) - MandaSeguro redefines the remittances business model by enabling the aid sent by Hispanics in the U.S. to their home countries, at no cost to sender nor receiver, in a safe, reliable and innovative way.
- Mixcal (Andy Huang '13) - An event search and recommendation engine for college students and administrators.
- Ninth Isle @NinthIsle (Ronald Diep ' 15) - Ninth Isle's mission is to spread Hawaii's national and global presence through Hawaiian products.
- Nomadico Travel (Nick DiMatteo M'13) - Nomadico Travel is a socially responsible eco-friendly tour operator that specializes in customized tours to Latin America with a focus on authentic cultural interaction.
- PhotoOil @PhotoOil1 (Lei Wang M'13) - Customized oil painting to capture your cherished memory forever.
- Qonfide.com (Colby Sato, Olin Engineering '14) - Change the coming out experience by meaningfully connecting closeted and questioning students with openly queer peers and teachers in the local community.
- SidewalkAd @SidewalkAd (Cliff Lee M'12 & Walter Dobberpuhl) - SidewalkAd is a do-it-yourself advertising solution for local businesses to reach customers on their smartphones. Businesses can build their customer lists automatically when customers redeem their offers.
- Taxi Right Now (Sam Garzon M'13) - Taxi Right Now is a real-time taxi reservation mobile app, which allows the user to reserve the closest taxi available with the push of one button.
Aligning with Babson College's mission to educate entrepreneurial leaders who create economic and social value, The Summer Venture Program fosters student's entrepreneurial spirit and drive by enabling them with the support to develop and propel their ideas into action.
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds(TM). The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action(r) as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit www.babson.edu.
SOURCE Babson College