ANAHEIM, Calif., June 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Intergraph® Process, Power & Marine (PP&M), part of Hexagon and the world's leading provider of enterprise engineering software enabling smarter design and operation of plants, ships and offshore facilities, presented its Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe awards during a ceremony at HxGN LIVE, Hexagon's international conference being held this week at the Anaheim Convention Center.
The Engineering team from Keppel FELS Baltech of Bulgaria received the coveted "Best of Show" prize in the 16th annual Golden Valve Awards customer competition. The Golden Valve Awards recognize the most innovative and well-executed uses of Intergraph PP&M solutions. The competition is open to all users of Intergraph's market-leading engineering design software and the subject matter must relate to the process, power, offshore, shipbuilding or mining industries.
The seventh annual Platinum Pipe Awards recognized the most innovative automation ideas and implementations for Intergraph PPM's Design and Visualization Solutions, which include Intergraph SmartPlant® P&ID, SmartPlant Electrical, SmartPlant Instrumentation, Intergraph Smart™ 3D and SmartPlant Review. Entries from China Tianchen Engineering Corporation (China), Amec Foster Wheeler Group Limited (U.K.) and Burns & McDonnell (U.S.) received first-place awards in the Smart 3D, SmartPlant Review and Engineering & Schematics categories, respectively.
The Golden Valve Awards recognized the most innovative and well-executed uses of Intergraph PP&M solutions. The competition is open to all users of Intergraph's market-leading engineering design software and the subject matter must relate to the process, power, offshore, shipbuilding or mining industries.
Keppel FELS Baltech's "Best of Show" rendering depicts an R&D prototype design of a multi-renewable energy plant together with some classic offshore drilling units. Smart 3D, SmartPlant Review, SmartPlant P&ID, and Global Workshare were used for basic and detailed engineering.
The Keppel FELS Baltech team will receive a monetary prize, a plaque featuring the winning image and its "Best of Show" submission will grace the cover of the 2017 Golden Valve wall calendar from Intergraph Process, Power & Marine.
Gerhard Sallinger, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine president, said, "Our valued customers from the process, power, offshore and marine industries continue to rely on Intergraph technology solutions to maintain their competitive advantages. We once again have received many amazing submissions created with Intergraph solutions and we commend this year's honorees for their impressive work."
The 2016 Platinum Pipe recipients are:
Judges' Choice: Engineering & Schematics
- Shawn Hillen, CB&I (U.S.)
Judges' Choice: Intergraph Smart 3D
- Myung-Su Han, Hyundai Engineering (Korea)
Category: Engineering & Schematics
- 1st – Brian Petty, Burns & McDonnell (U.S.)
- 2nd – Mohamed Ahmed Ghoneim, PGESCo (Egypt)
- 3rd – Integrated Engineering, China Tianchen Engineering Corporation (China)
Category: Intergraph Smart 3D
- 1st – MengYong, China Tianchen Engineering Corporation (China)
- 2nd – Tetsuya Miwa, Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan)
- 3rd – PROYECTO PMM, Empresarios Agrupados (Spain)
Category: SmartPlant Review
- 1st – Kevin Dmonte, Amec Foster Wheeler Group Limited (U.K.)
- 2nd – Harshil Jobanputra, Linde Engineering India Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- 3rd – Tetsuya Miwa, Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan)
The 2016 Golden Valve recipients are:
Best of Show
- Engineering Team, Keppel FELS Baltech (Bulgaria)
Judges' Choice: Offshore
- Wang Zhe, Sinopec Petroleum Engineering Corporation (China)
Judges' Choice: Power
- Tapio Laakso, ÅF – Consult Ltd. / Eletronuclear (Finland)
- 1st – Myung Su, Han & Ji Yeon, Park, Hyundai Engineering (Korea)
- 1st – Prashant Bharadia, L&T - Chiyoda Limited (India)
- 2nd – ECM Engineering Team, ECM - Projetos Industriais (Brazil)
- 3rd – Eduardo E. Espinoza Muñiz, Cerrey, S.A. de C.V. (Mexico)
- Honorable mention – Eduardo E. Espinoza Muñiz, Cerrey, S.A. de C.V. (Mexico)
- 1st – Miguel David Gómez, Cerrey, S.A. de C.V. (Mexico)
- 2nd – William M. Fronheiser, Selas Linde North America (U.S.)
- 3rd – SmartPlant 3D Application Team, East China Engineering Science and Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
- Honorable mention – Plant EPC Systems Team, SK Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd. (Korea); SmartPlant Software Developing Team, Luoyang Petrochemical Engineering Co. Sinopec (China); Chen Mengyao, Zhang Honghui, Yang Song, Ye Rongjie, Wang Mingjie, Yang Yueguan, Zhao Kai, Ren Haibio, Sinopec Ningbo Engineering Company Limited (China).
Category: Visually Complex
- 1st – Tapio Laakso, ÅF – Consult Ltd. / Eletronuclear (Finland)
- 2nd – Abhiskek Nambiar and Ankur Mohan, Larsen & Toubro Hydrocarbon Engineering Limited (India)
- 3rd – ChangKoog Lee, Samsung Heavy Industries (Korea)
- Honorable mention – Integrated Engineering Group, China Tianchen Engineering Corporation (China)
All place winners receive a monetary award for their entries (or have the money donated to charity) and will have their work displayed on Intergraph Process, Power & Marine's website, ppm.intergraph.com, and in the division's Insight magazine. Golden Valve award winners will be featured on the 2017 Intergraph wall calendar.
To view this year's Golden Valve winning entries, please visit ppm.intergraph.com/customer-awards/golden-valve-awards/golden-valve-awards-2016-winners.
To view this year's Platinum Pipe winning entries, please visit ppm.intergraph.com/customer-awards/platinum-pipe-awards/platinum-pipe-awards-2016-winners.
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph as the No. 1 overall worldwide provider of engineering solutions for plant design (process, power and marine), according to its "Engineering Design Tools for Plants and Infrastructure Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast Through 2019."
About Intergraph Process, Power & Marine
Soon to be known as Hexagon Process, Power & Marine, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine is the leading global provider of engineering software for the design, construction and operation of plants, ships and offshore facilities.
Process, Power & Marine is part of Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B; hexagon.com), a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
© 2016 Intergraph Corporation. All rights reserved. Intergraph is part of Hexagon. Intergraph and the Intergraph logo are registered trademarks of Intergraph Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. Other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/entries-by-keppel-fels-baltech-china-tianchen-engineering-corporation-amec-foster-wheeler-and-burns--mcdonnell-receive-top-awards-from-intergraph-process-power--marine-300284495.html
SOURCE Intergraph Process, Power & Marine