Gas sensors offer many advantages over traditional reference equipment and environmental modelling techniques, in addition to direct measurement of a pollutant, sensors are far more mobile, enabling greater spatial coverage of an area, the low cost, high robustness, simple interface electronics and ease of production of these sensors make them ideal candidates for commercial environmental monitoring.
New manufacturing methods, able to produce low power, miniaturized sensors mean that large growth is expected in the portable sensor field, with sensors becoming integral components in mobile devices and wearable technology.
This report by IDTechEx covers the broad range of technologies that make up the gas sensor ecosystem. The report takes a historical look at gas sensing and assesses the new wave of miniaturization, predicting the impact it will have on consumer electronics and the future of smart cities. All the key players are profiled and the market is analysed by application and by sensing technology .
The report contains analysis and forecasts across six market segments, these are:
- Mobile Devices - Covering cell phones, tablets and cases for such devices
- Wearables - Covering smart watches, fitbands, wearable monitors, bags and jewellery.
- Indoor Air Quality - Covering indoor air quality monitors, HVAC systems, smart windows and the integration of such devices into a single IoT ecosystem.
- Air Purifiers - Detailing the growing air purifier market.
- Automotive - Covering air quality monitors in automobiles to control HVAC systems and measure air quality inside and outside a vehicle.
- Smart City - Covering a full array of smart city programs, including fixed and mobile networks public and crowdsourced databases and deployment of sensors onto automobiles, bikes, drones, buses, trains and lamp posts.
The report contains 10 year forecasts across all six market segments, detailing revenues and volumes across multiple sensing technologies.
IDTechEx has built a comprehensive picture of environmental gas sensors. The report contains company profiles of the largest, most innovative and disruptive companies in the industry. All profiles are generated from interview-based primary research with key staff from the relevant company, and are compiled alongside our other research to give maximum insight into the industry. In our end user interviews, we outline the future direction in some of the world's largest companies, outlining their vision for how sensors will play a key role in the future of pollutant monitoring, and what they feel is needed from parallel industries to drive further growth.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04447365-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/environmental-gas-sensors-2017-2027-300377842.html