Envisioneering Announces Top ShowStoppers @CES 2014 Innovation & Design Award Winners
SEAFORD, N.Y., Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- After three weeks of careful deliberation by five judges in North America and Europe, industry research firm Envisioneering recognized 18 companies for 22 innovations that break new ground in technologies for work, home and play.
Envisioneering judges selected the winners of the Innovation & Design Awards from more than 120 companies that launched new products during ShowStoppers, the product showcase event for journalists at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV.
The winners spanned from high-efficiency miniature power adapters to self-balancing robots, inflatable lighting to Ultrabook workstations, USB video adapters to Android-powered home computers, contactless scanners, and 360-degree cameras.
"The solder is still hot on many of the candidates evaluated by the judges," said Richard Doherty, Envisioneering's Research Director and lead Judge. "They are pushing the boundaries of product and services design, often cramming in multiple technologies to deliver a maximum wow factor."
Award candidates were judged for innovation, design and style in 26 categories of social benefit ranging from advanced audio and video delivery technologies to health and wellness to energy efficiency. "Notable this year among the Honorees are increased use of biometrics for business and personal ID, and even an app which makes a game out conserving energy on your mobile device," said Doherty.
"Our judges were excited to assess the bold companies that bring emerging technologies to market at ShowStoppers," said Doherty. "Startups and multinationals alike have long recognized that ShowStoppers is one of the world's finest venues to introduce new products to top reporters and influencers from around the world."
Envisioneering Innovation & Design Award Winners
- Brother International Corp., ScanNCut Home 2.5 D Craft Printer
- Cambrios Technologies, ClearOhm Fine-Dimension Touch Screen Technology
- Damson Ltd., Incisor Diffuser Ambient Audio Technology for DLNA
- DisplayLink, 4K USB 3.0 Adapter
- Escort, MediaFlair Personal Mediacaster
- Escort, Laser ShifterPro Signal Discrimination Technology
- FINsix, High Efficiency VHF Compact Power Adapter Technologies
- HP, ZBook Portfolio Mobile Workstation
- Honeywell, Smart Thermostat with Voice Control
- Fujitsu Computer Products of America, ScanSnap Rapid ix500 Color Duplex Scanner
- Fujitsu Computer Products of America, SV600 Contactless Object Scanner
- Geonaute, 360-Degree Action Camera
- Lenovo, N308 Android Home Computer
- Lenovo, ThinkVision 28 4K2K Smart Display
- Lenovo, ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- LiveScribe, LiveScribe 3 Smartpen
- Magellan, Echo Personal Training SmartWatch
- TCP, Smart Lighting System
- The Gun Box, Fingerprint Security Lock System
- Tivitas Interactive Inc., Haptic Mouse Feedback ViviTouchTechnology
- Touch Jet Pte Ltd., TouchPico Interactive Video Projector
- WowWee, Balanced Robot with Mobile Inverted Pendulum Technology
Envisioneering Innovation & Design Award Honorees
- AGNITiO Corp., KIVOX Biometric Voice ID Software
- AudioFly Hybrid, Triple Audio Drivers In-Ear Monitors
- Dacor, Discovery IQ Cooking App
- Dacor, WallOven
- Dacor, WineStation
- Fromm Works Inc., Quik Pod Explorer 3 Tripod
- GTech, AirRam 100 Watt Eco Vacuum Cleaner
- Hoyos Labs, ID Indentity Assertion Platform
- Physical Enterprises Inc., Mio LINK 2
- Mpowerd Inc., Luci Inflatable Solar Powered Lantern;
- MetaMoJi, Virtual Workspace
- simple human, Personal Sensor for non-Touch Grooming Convenience
- MetaMoJi, Share Anytime Virtual Workspace
- My Open Road Corp., Social Energy Conservation Game
News media around the globe have deemed Envisioneering to be their most trustworthy resource for perspective and insight to major societal trends along with the technologies, people and public policies who benefit from advanced digital technologies, services and products. It is a hard-won, decades-old honor and distinction we appreciate – and we do not take it lightly. Beyond our core lab testing, publishing and social research business units, Envisioneering has a commitment to ensuring broad access of information to - and encouraging dialogues between - members of the creative community, distributors, financiers, educators, students, policy makers, standards' communities, news media and the general public.
Now in its 20th year, ShowStoppers is the global leader in producing press and business events spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to help generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand, and open new markets. ShowStoppers produces events at CES, CTIA and Mobile World Congress, among others, and the official press events at IFA, GITEX, NAB and Sandbox Summit; and partners with the CEA LineShow.
For additional award info and Judge profiles, see http://envisioneering.net/CESLasVegas2014Awards.aspx
+1516 567-6581 Mobile
+1516 783-6244 Office