EPA Names Cassidy Turley 2013 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Cassidy Turley Earns Award for Protecting the Environment through Superior Energy Efficiency
WASHINGTON, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized Cassidy Turley as a 2013 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for strategically managing and improving energy efficiency for its entire property management portfolio of office buildings as well as its occupier clients. Through its partnership with the ENERGY STAR program, Cassidy Turley has improved energy performance, saved money and helped to protect the environment for future generations.
"Managing energy use in partnership with ENERGY STAR has significantly improved profit margins for our clients," said Evan Tyroler, Vice President, Sustainability Services, at Cassidy Turley. "Making the buildings in Cassidy Turley's property management portfolio more energy efficient is one of the most effective ways for us to improve our built environment and save money for building owners and tenants, and we are honored to be recognized by EPA for our efforts."
With a focus on ongoing performance measurement and whole-building improvement, EPA's ENERGY STAR program provides a proven energy management strategy that has helped Cassidy Turley achieve important reductions in energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. Key accomplishments of Cassidy Turley's award-winning energy management program include:
- Centralizing more than 350 managed buildings into a main Portfolio Manager account and training more than 150 property managers on Portfolio Manager, ensuring benchmarking for its growing national portfolio.
- Reducing portfolio-wide total weather normalized source energy consumption by a significant percentage compared to the 2010 baseline, and establishing a new goal to reduce energy consumption by 10 percent by 2018.
- Earning the ENERGY STAR for 80 buildings, with 29 of those buildings achieving the certification for the first time in 2012.
- Double-digit improvement for ENERGY STAR scores in 32 buildings in just 12 months.
- 21 Cassidy Turley managed buildings competed in the EPA's 2012 National Building Competition.
- Reaching tens of thousands of tenants and creatively engaging them on energy efficiency and sustainability through the Powerful Ideas campaign and the Green Bucks Coupon Program, which rewards tenants for doing their part to reduce energy consumption with Green Bucks to spend at participating local restaurants.
- Utilizing social media to communicate energy goals, successes and tips to a broad audience.
"Sustainable energy management is our most cost-effective climate strategy, and Cassidy Turley continues to exemplify leadership in this category," said Bob Perciasepe, Acting Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. "Cassidy Turley's innovative practices provide a model for energy management in the places we work, shop and play. These strategies help the bottom line and support the well-being of families across America by reducing pollution and protecting the environment."
EPA's annual ENERGY STAR Awards honor organizations that have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency. The award winners are selected from nearly 20,000 partners that participate in the ENERGY STAR program and will be recognized at an awards ceremony in Washington, DC, on March 26, 2013. Over the past 20 years, with help from ENERGY STAR, American families and businesses have saved more than $230 billion on utility bills and prevented more than 1.8 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions.
About ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR was introduced by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 1992 as a voluntary market-based partnership to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through increased energy efficiency. Today, ENERGY STAR offers businesses and consumers energy-efficient solutions to save energy, money, and help protect the environment for future generations. Nearly 20,000 organizations are ENERGY STAR partners committed to improving the energy efficiency of products, homes, and buildings. For more information about ENERGY STAR, visit www.energystar.gov or call toll-free 1-888-STAR-YES (1-888-782-7937).
About Cassidy Turley
Cassidy Turley is a leading commercial real estate services provider with more than 3,700 professionals in more than 60 offices nationwide. The company represents a wide range of clients—from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, from local non-profits to major institutions. The firm completed transactions valued at $22 billion in 2011, manages 455 million square feet on behalf of institutional, corporate and private clients and supports more than 28,000 domestic corporate services locations. Cassidy Turley serves owners, investors and tenants with a full spectrum of integrated commercial real estate services—including capital markets, tenant representation, corporate services, project leasing, property management, project and development services, and research and consulting. Cassidy Turley enhances its global service delivery outside North America through a partnership with GVA, giving clients access to commercial real estate professionals in 65 international markets. Please visit www.cassidyturley.com for more information about Cassidy Turley.
SOURCE Cassidy Turley