NEW YORK, Nov. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- EpiCast Report: Hemophilia - Epidemiology Forecast to 2024
Hemophilia is an X-linked hereditary bleeding disorder, characterized by impaired blood coagulation as a result of deficiencies in the production or function of coagulation factor VIII (hemophilia A) or factor IX (hemophilia B). Because of the deficiency of coagulation factor, hemophilia patients have a tendency for bleeding in joints, muscles, soft tissues, and within mucous membranes, which can be either spontaneous or due to internal or external trauma, depending on the severity of the disease.
In 2014, the 9MM had 60,671 diagnosed prevalent cases of hemophilia A and hemophilia B, around 28% of which occurred in the US. The diagnosed prevalent cases of hemophilia in the 9MM are expected to increase slightly to 61,954 cases by 2024. The US will have the largest proportion of diagnosed prevalent cases of hemophilia A and hemophilia B in the 9MM in 2024 at 29.05%. Because hemophilia is an inherited condition, it requires lifelong treatment. Given the increase in the prevalence of hypertension, with advancing age and increasing life expectancy in hemophiliacs due to advances in treatment, the challenges faced by hemophiliacs and the need for more supportive treatments and care will increase in the near future.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast the epidemiological trend for hemophilia using data from the WFH Annual Global Survey Report, which is considered the gold standard for hemophilia data. The World Health Organization (WHO) authenticates the WFH data for hemophilia and other bleeding disorders and provides the most accurate data possible for hemophilia globally. The WFH Global Survey Report uses uniform data collection methods for each national member organization (NMO), allowing for a meaningful comparison of the diagnosed prevalent cases across the markets. A major strength of this analysis lays in the use of country-specific data and a uniform methodology across the markets to forecast the prevalent cases of hemophilia.
- The Hemophilia EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of hemophilia in the 9MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Argentina, and China). In addition, the report includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the diagnosed prevalent cases of hemophilia, segmented by type (A and B), sex, and age (starting at ages 0 years) in these markets.
- The hemophilia epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 9MM.
Reasons to buy
The Hemophilia EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global hemophilia market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global hemophilia market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for hemophilia therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the hemophilia type that is most important to your marketing plans.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03366215-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001