AUSTIN, Texas, March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Epicor Software Corporation, a global provider of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth, today announced that the Epicor Eagle for the Aftermarket solution now includes dozens of additional features designed to help accelerate the growth of motor vehicle replacement parts businesses. Epicor Eagle for the Aftermarket is a powerful, comprehensive business growth solution used by leading automotive and commercial vehicle parts distributors and jobbers.
Users of the optional Eagle N Series user interface can now send automated or on-demand text messages to advise customers of any change in order status, such as availability of a special order or rain check. Generic text messages also can be sent to confirm sales, credit memos, layaways, orders, special orders, estimates, and payments.
"Integrated text messaging is an excellent example of how Eagle software provides user-friendly features and capabilities that lead to a more positive, proactive service experience for customers," said Scott Thompson, vice president, automotive, analytics, and content, Epicor Software. "This level of service helps the distributor and jobber set themselves apart from much larger competitors. The result is stronger customer loyalty and the chance to earn more business from every account."
Additionally, Eagle for the Aftermarket software now includes enhanced support for "Quick Payment" capability with EMV/Chip credit cards for businesses using Ingenico iSC250 signature pads. The software improves EMV debit card flow. A growing number of distributors and jobbers rely on the Eagle for the Aftermarket solution for integrated credit card processing capability to help ensure fast, easy, secure transactions at a highly competitive rate.
Also featured in the latest release of Eagle for the Aftermarket software is the expanded Epicor Dynamic Updates eCatalog download service, which enables users to receive automated weekly updates to their Epicor PartExpert electronic catalog files. The Dynamic Updates service was recently expanded to include a full range of monthly eCatalog data, enabling many users to eliminate their monthly DVD loads.
Other new features and capabilities now available through Epicor Eagle for the Aftermarket software include:
- Point of Sale (POS) Viewer recall of previous search. This option enables the user to create a "Work List" of orders, maintain a desired transaction and return to the work list without losing search criteria.
- Dynamic Promotions expanded quantity break. Two promotion types now allow quantities up to 9999.
- Increased customer balance detail on POS screen. Users now have several new options for displaying up-to-date balance information for a customer's charge account.
- Support of PO Line Level Discounts. A new hyperlink allows the user to discount individual detail lines of a purchase order.
- Enhanced Weblinks functionality. Links can now be created for images that are stored in a shared directory on the user's network. In addition, Item, Customer and Vendor specific Weblinks are now managed in a viewer to reduce setup time.
- Partial core valuation. Core returns can now be assigned a partial core value, reducing the core's price, on a validated core return.
- Full support of Microsoft Windows 10.
About Epicor Solutions for the Automotive Aftermarket
For nearly 40 years, Epicor aftermarket solutions have helped empower motor vehicle parts and service providers through world-class technologies that drive sales, profits and customer loyalty. Epicor products and services for the aftermarket include parts data and related eCatalog content; industry analytics and category management solutions; enterprise software; B2B and B2C eCommerce solutions; and business optimization tools. Visit the Epicor Automotive Aftermarket solution hub to learn more.
About Epicor Software Corporation
Epicor Software Corporation drives business growth. We provide flexible, industry-specific software designed around the needs of our manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industry customers. More than 40 years of experience with our customers' unique business processes and operational requirements are built into every solution―in the cloud or on premises. With this deep understanding of your industry, Epicor solutions manage complexity, increase efficiency, and free up resources so you can focus on growth. For more information, connect with Epicor or visit www.epicor.com.
Epicor, the Epicor logo, Eagle, Eagle N Series, Dynamic Updates, and PartExpert, are trademarks of Epicor Software Corporation, registered in the United States and other countries. Other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epicor-eagle-for-the-aftermarket-software-offers-dozens-of-new-features-designed-to-help-accelerate-business-growth-300423555.html
SOURCE Epicor Software Corporation