NEW YORK, Dec. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) is an extremely rare haematological disorder. It occurs when there is an uncontrollable proliferation of hyper-activated macrophages and T-lymphocytes. The hyper-activated macrophages engulf haematopoietic cells resulting in a deregulated immune system, which in turn attacks various tissues in the body. The weakened body becomes susceptible to infection.
This report provides the current incident population for Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis across 14 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Brazil and Japan) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current incidence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of HLH have been quantified and presented alongside the overall incidence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for HLH include:
- Autoimmune conditions
- Infection (especially with EBV)
- Heart Failure
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the incidence of the subdivided types of Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis's incident population.
- Identify sub-populations within Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis disease patients.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04407894-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epiomic-epidemiology-series-haemophagocytic-lymphohistiocytosis-hlh-forecast-in-14-major-markets-2016-2026-300374133.html