NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Prostate Cancer in 18 Major Markets
Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers in men. The prostate, found only in men, is the size and shape of a walnut and grows bigger with age. It sits underneath the bladder and in front of the rectum. It surrounds part of the urethra which is a tube that carries urine from the bladder. A key function of the prostate is the production of semen. Prostate Cancer is predominantly a disease of older men but around 20-30% of cases occur in men under the age of 65 years of age.
This report provides the current incident population for Prostate Cancer across 18 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, Argentina, Australia, Canada, India, Mexico, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey and China) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Prostate Cancer have been quantified and presented alongside the overall incidence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Symptoms of prostate cancer can be similar to those of patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), but can include lower urinary tract symptoms such as:
- Needing to urinate more frequently, often during the night (nocturia)
- Needing to rush to the toilet (urgency)
- Difficulty in starting to urinate (hesitancy)
- Straining or taking a long time while urinating
- Weak flow
- Feeling that the bladder has not emptied fully
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Prostate Cancer's market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the incidence of the subdivided types of Prostate Cancer and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Prostate Cancer's incident population.
- Identify sub-populations within Prostate Cancer which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Prostate Cancer patients.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04208330-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epiomic-epidemiology-series-prostate-cancer-forecast-in-18-major-markets-2016-2026-300364689.html