CHICAGO, Sept. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- (Labelexpo, Booth #5813) -- Building on the success of the original ColorWorks® C7500G on-demand inkjet label printer, Epson America, Inc. today announced the addition of the Wasatch SoftRIP software to the printer. Featuring speeds up to 59 feet per minute, the ColorWorks C7500G with Wasatch SoftRIP software produces advanced on-demand, full-color glossy label printing with spot color matching in a quick turnaround time. Built for reliable, high-quality performance, the C7500G with SoftRIP is ideal for demanding, high-volume environments that require high-print-quality prime labels that are durable and at a low cost.
"The C7500G with Wasatch SoftRIP and its ability to spot color match makes it easy to produce the same exact labels, whether it was from last week or last year," says Andy Scherz, senior product manager, Epson America Inc. "The integration of the Wasatch SoftRIP delivers accurate colors, seamless integration and cost savings for printing on-demand labels."
The ColorWorks C7500G with Wasatch SoftRIP offers enhanced features including spot color matching, which can be achieved for most common prime label spot colors within a deltaE of 1.5 for very high color accuracy. The Wasatch SoftRIP C7500G Label Edition has a simple user interface ideal for high-speed label production. Designed specifically for printing labels, the printer lets users quickly adjust the size of a label and create the desired print layout by adding columns and rows. In addition, rotary cutting marks can be added directly from the main screen of the user interface. Wasatch SoftRIP includes superior color management options, including spot color replacement, and support for popular file formats including PDF, TIFF and many more, as well as optional variable data printing (VDP) for sequential numbering, bar codes or images that can be inserted and managed.
The Epson ColorWorks C7500G label printer with Just In Time Color™ (JITC) labeling is designed to efficiently and cost-effectively meet the needs of industrial manufacturers fulfilling high-mix label requirements and variable printing demands. Powered by PrecisionCore® print head technology, the durable, bench-top printer enhances print speed, image quality, ink durability, and color resolution with the flexibility to cost-effectively scale up production – saving up to 50 percent in total labeling costs – for higher volume industrial and manufacturing applications.
The ColorWorks C7500G also comes equipped with ZPL II programming compatibility to allow direct plug-in replacement for manufacturers operating two-step printing with traditional thermal transfer printers. In this application, the printer can produce full color labels from blank stock by automatically merging "color pre-print" images in memory with existing monochrome data streams.
In addition, Epson has a Qualified Media program for ColorWorks on-demand color label printers. Designed to provide reliable, Epson-approved media solutions manufactured by industry-leading companies, Epson Qualified media have been rigorously tested and approved for use with Epson's ColorWorks printers and ink. Media options range from economical plain to glossy photo-quality paper labels, tags and receipts to super-durable films and wristbands.
More about Epson ColorWorks C7500G with Wasatch SoftRIP:
- Continuous printing – Continuous label media can be used without pre-die cutting or a pre-printed black mark on the liner; full bleed label is printed with eye mark for post finishing die-cut and laminating
- Spot color matching – Most common prime label spot colors can be achieved within a deltaE of 1.5 for very high color accuracy
- Web layout accuracy – Label art work can be positioned more accurately over the web
- Reliable, durable performance – Printing mechanism can produce over 3.3 million 4" x 6" labels before first major service; rugged design means minimal maintenance
- Advanced image quality – Epson PrecisionCore inkjet technology, UltraChrome® DL inks and Wasatch SoftRIP deliver vibrant, accurate colors, smooth gradations, precise barcodes, and ultra-sharp text
- High-speed, on-demand color printing – Full-color labels with optional variable data printed up to 59 feet per minute
- Powerful productivity – Compatible with a wide range of medias including ultra-gloss, gloss, semi, matte, and uncoated
- Seamless integration – SoftRIP includes seamless compatibility with label artwork in common formats such as PDF and TIFF
- Highly efficient – High-yield individual ink cartridges deliver fewer user interventions and less waste
- Low cost of labeling – Efficient ink usage and flexible media choice with five years of estimated printer life1
- Variable Data Printing (VDP) – Optional SoftRIP VDP for sequential numbering, bar codes or images can be inserted and managed
The Epson ColorWorks C7500G with the Wasatch SoftRIP C7500G Label Edition will be available in late October and will be showcased at Labelexpo Americas 2016 (Sept. 13-15; Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont, Ill.) in Epson's booth, #5813. To learn more about Epson's latest ColorWorks technology, visit http://www.epson.com/colorworks, or email email@example.com.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 67,000 employees in 90 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
Note: EPSON, ColorWorks, PrecisionCore and UltraChrome are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. Just In Time™ is a registered trademark of Epson America Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
1 Estimate is based on printing 3.3 million 4" x 6" labels over that time
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epson-expands-colorworks-on-demand-inkjet-label-printer-portfolio-with-addition-of-wasatch-softrip-software-300326543.html
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.