Epson Introduces Bright and Powerful PowerLite 1200-Series Projectors for Small and Medium Sized Businesses Starting at $549, the Epson PowerLite 1222 and PowerLite 1262W Deliver Wireless Connectivity and Easy-to-Use Features
LONG BEACH, Calif., Aug. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced the PowerLite® 1222 and 1262W multimedia projectors, offering a wide range of features designed to provide small- to medium-sized businesses with high-brightness at an affordable price. Sold exclusively through distribution, value-added reseller and direct market reseller channels, the PowerLite 1222 and 1262W offer high brightness, wireless connectivity and innovative features that ensure flexible placement and quick setup in any room.
"Small to medium-sized businesses are looking for projection solutions that offer extremely high quality and a range of features, but that are also really intuitive and offer stress-free set up," said Jason Meyer, product manager, Epson America. "The new PowerLite 1222 and 1262W are simple yet powerful, wielding easy set-up features and high brightness, making them appropriate for nearly any office environment."
The PowerLite 1222 features XGA resolution, while the PowerLite 1262W offers widescreen HD performance with WXGA resolution. Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors with 3LCD, 3-chip technology2. Both the new PowerLite models deliver 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness3 for brilliant, true-to-life image quality. Additional features include:
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
- Advanced Connectivity: Both models deliver wireless connectivity and HDMI digital video and audio in one cable for easy setup
- Epson iProjection™: Leveraging the free Epson iProjection application, presenters can project to the PowerLite 1222 and 1262W from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later
- USB Plug 'n Play: Instantly projects images, video and audio from a Windows® PC or Mac® computer via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the need for bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Easy Image Alignment: Keystone Correction squares the image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen – both models feature automatic vertical keystone correction and manual horizontal keystone correction provides easy and convenient operation in multiple settings
- Lens Control: Provides easy zoom and focus
- Positioning Flexibility: 1.2x digital zoom requires a shorter throw distance, allowing for the projection of large images in smaller rooms; a 60-inch image can be projected from a distance of approximately four feet away
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today's high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit http://www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 1222 ($549*) and PowerLite 1262W ($649*) will be available in September 2013 through national resellers, mail order, distribution, and through the Epson ImageWaySM Partner Program. Epson's PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and printing systems, 3LCD projectors and industrial robots to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 68,000 employees in 96 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and (http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
1 Based upon Q4 2012 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
2 Compared to leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions
3 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
4 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2013. Average of 1,128 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: EPSON and PowerLite are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PrivateLine is a registered trademark and ImageWay is a service mark of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.