NEW YORK, Jan. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, at the National Retail Federation's 105th Annual Convention and Expo, Epson America, Inc., a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, is revolutionizing the POS industry again with the introduction of its flagship OmniLink® TM-T88VI series, the latest addition to Epson's growing family of OmniLink intelligent POS printers. Offering a rich feature set for mobile POS and cloud services, the new OmniLink TM-T88VI is ideal for merchants in high volume retail, hospitality, and financial institutions where advanced connectivity and speed of check out is critical. It maximizes customers' flexibility to deliver a world-class transaction experience. The company has also added the OmniLink TM-T88VI-i printers, which extend connectivity to POS peripherals in mobile POS environments and improve storage capacity for local apps and web server support. Available from Epson authorized channel partners now, Epson will be demonstrating the new solution at NRF, January 15- 17 at the Javits Convention Center, NYC, booth # 3343.
According to "The 2016 Smart Decision Guide to Restaurant Management and POS Systems," sponsored by Agilysys, "Today's operators are seeing the biggest technology shift since the 1980s. Mobility, flexibility, and customization are hallmarks of this new POS." Epson is continually evolving its core POS product solutions to accommodate the requirements of this next generation POS.
"For over 25 years, we have been innovating POS receipt printing," said Gregg Brunnick, director of product management for POS Printers and Robotics, Epson America Inc. "By listening to industry partners, we have continuously improved the customer buying experience. An important goal of managing technology within organizations is to ensure that the right user gets the right technology at the right time and can process the transaction quickly. With rich features such as multi-interface connectivity, OmniLink Merchant Services (OMS) support, NFC, optional Beacon, and improved transaction speeds and reliability, we allow merchants to provide higher quality service and better engage with their customers."
OmniLink TM-T88VI Key Features
- Multi-interface connectivity allows for the printer to be dynamically shared between legacy PC-POS terminals, tablet and mobile devices as well as the ability to print from cloud servers
- Standard triple interfaces—TM T88VI includes built-in USB & Ethernet, along with the Connect-It module port to ensure maximum flexibility and future-proofing of the customer's business
- Incorporates Epson's ePOS™ Print technology to support printing from web-based applications
- Designed for the cloud—it incorporates built-in functionality to leverage leading POS applications or to perform remote firmware upgrades via Epson's OMS. It also utilizes Server Direct printing for online ordering applications and printing from cloud servers.
- Beacon1 support provides distributed proximity-based printing with Apple devices using Bluetooth Low Energy
- NFC —Near Field Communication technology for easy pairing with mobile devices in distributed printing environments2
- Ultra fast transaction time —achieved with print speeds of up to 350mm/sec3 plus a high-speed autocutter
- Advanced paper saving functions—reduces paper usage by up to 49%4
- Improved reliability with print head life of 200km and extended autocutter life of 3 million cuts5
- The OmniLink TM-T88VI-i supports all of the TM-T88VI features as well as the added support of up to 4 USB POS peripherals, improved network security and more storage capacity for web applications
For more information on the OmniLink TM-T88VI, please visit epson.com/reinventpos
About Epson America, Inc.
Founded in 1975 and headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. For over 40 years, Epson's advanced technology has been at work in millions of POS systems around the world. Today Epson's Business Systems Division continues to bring industry-leading, open architecture, smart technologies to the point of service. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica).
EPSON is a registered trademark and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. OmniLink is a registered trademark and EPOS is a trademark of Epson America. All other trademarks and/or registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
1 Requires the use of a Beacon dongle connected to TM-T88VI printer via the USB-A port. Supports only Apple® iBeacon™ compliant format. The Epson approved dongle is Laird model BT820
2 NFC tag requires use of a device that includes NFC reader and may require additional software.
3 Speed based on using 80mm wide media only and Epson's PS-180 power supply. Configurations not including the PS-180 will have a default print speed of 300mm/sec.
4 Paper savings depend on the text and graphics printed on the receipt
5 Rated print head and cutter lives based on use of the following media only, with printer operated at room temperature and normal humidity:
Model KT55FA : Papierfabrik August Koehler SE
Model PD160R: Oji Imaging Media Co., Ltd.
Model TF50KS-Y: NIPPON Paper Industries Co., Ltd.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/epson-launches-revolutionary-omnilink-tm-t88vi-series-pos-printers-300382252.html
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.