LONG BEACH, Calif., Oct. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson today announced the industry's most advanced 13-inch photo printer – the Epson SureColor® P600. Designed for creative professionals, fine artists, and advanced amateur and pro photographers, the SureColor P600 combines an advanced MicroPiezo® AMC™ printhead with next-generation Epson UltraChrome® HD pigment inks driven by enhanced AccuPhotoTM HD imaging technology to produce exhibition-quality black-and-white prints with never before seen pigment black density and stunningly vivid color prints.
"The Epson SureColor P600 was designed to not only meet, but exceed the capabilities of today's exceptional digital image captures by producing prints with the superior level of quality our customers have come to expect," said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. "With the advent of next-generation Epson UltraChrome HD inks and unrivaled fine art and roll paper support, the Epson SureColor P600 is poised to represent the new benchmark in desktop photographic printing."
Advanced media handling, including a front-in and front-out paper path, enables borderless photos with exceptional clarity and sharpness up to 13"x19" on a wide variety of glossy, matte and fine art papers, while improved roll paper support allows for breathtaking panoramas over 10 feet long for Windows® and Mac® users. In addition, custom images can be created and printed directly onto canvas, art boards and CD/DVDs.
The Epson SureColor P600 also offers new ease-of use features and capabilities, such as a 3.5-inch tilting color LCD and touch panel and unparalleled connectivity options for its class, making it easy to print from a home office or studio via USB, Wireless n1, Wi-Fi Direct®, or wired Ethernet. High-capacity individual 26-mililiter ink cartridges with an innovative Save Ink auto-switching Mode between Photo and Matte Black inks is also available to drive productivity.
More about the Epson SureColor P600
Designed to provide unmatched performance, exhibition quality and professional media support, the Epson SureColor P600 offers several innovative features, including:
- Epson UltraChrome HD Ink: Industry leading professional eight-color ink set delivers rich color and a black density never before seen from a pigment ink. Built on Epson's heritage of professional ink technology, this ink set offers instant color stability and exceptional print permanence ratings for color and black-and-white prints. Three-level Black ink technology simultaneously uses Black, Light Black and Light Light Black ink for richer blacks and unsurpassed gray balance.
- Advanced Media Handling: The SureColor P600 features three paper paths, including a high-capacity, cut-sheet feeder; a single-sheet, front-in, front-out thick paper path for fine art media up to 1.3 mm thick; and a rear-mounted 2-inch core roll feeder. Allows users to print full-bleed, borderless cut-sheet prints up to 13"x19" on a wide variety of photographic and fine art paper, including Epson's line of Signature Worthy® papers. It also offers enhanced roll paper printing up to 129-inches long for both Mac and Windows users, for gorgeous panoramas, as well as CD/DVD printing.
- AccuPhoto HD Image Technology: Created in collaboration with the Rochester Institute of Technology's Munsell Color Science Laboratory, this complex mathematical architecture and advanced screening technology ensures precision placement of each individual ink droplet for smooth, grain-free images. This technology optimizes ink usage to maximize color gamut and provide smooth transitions and gradations, and reduces the metameric index to achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions.
- MicroPiezo AMC Printhead: The eight-channel, high-precision printhead produces a maximum resolution of 5670 x 1440 optimized dpi and variable-sized droplets as small as two picoliters and places them with precision and accuracy. For decreased maintenance and increased reliability, the printhead also incorporates an ink repellent coating.
- Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System: Nine individual 25.9 ml ink cartridges with pressurized ink technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds.
- Auto-Switching Black Inks: The Epson SureColor P600 automatically switches between Photo and Matte black inks to produce the deepest blacks and richest color on glossy, matte or fine art media, and an innovative Save Ink Mode uses less ink when switching from Matte Black to Photo Black.
- Unparalleled Connectivity: Built-in 100 Mbit Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless n1 and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 provide flexible options for fast connectivity to multiple computers in a home or studio.
- Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode: Professionals can choose from one of four pre-set modes – neutral, warm, cool, or sepia – for stunning neutral or toned black-and-white prints. This feature provides intuitive and consistent control through custom slider bars and a color tone wheel for advanced tone adjustment. In addition, customized settings can be saved and recalled to achieve consistent prints, and using the optional downloadable Epson Print Layout software, users can automatically preview personal images with the selected settings.
Pricing, Availability and Support
The Epson SureColor P600 will be demonstrated for the first time in North America at PhotoPlus Expo (booth #701), taking place Oct. 30 – Nov. 1 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City, and will be available for purchase in Q1 2015 through authorized resellers for $799 (MSRP). The printer is supported by a one-year whole-unit exchange limited warranty plan and specialized technical support staff. For more information on the Epson SureColor P600, visit www.epson.com/P600.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce, and industry. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
Note: EPSON, SureColor, Epson UltraChrome, and MicroPiezo are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. AccuPhoto and AMC are trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
1 Level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Wi-Fi Direct may require printer software.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.