MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/-- Intermedia, a leading cloud business applications provider, announced today that CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has named Eric Martorano, Intermedia's SVP of Worldwide Sales, to its exclusive 2017 list of the 50 Most Influential Channel Chiefs. The executives on this annual list are part of an elite group drawn from the larger pool of Channel Chief honorees each year and represent the cream of the IT channel crop—leaders who drive the channel agenda and evangelize the importance of channel partnerships. This distinguished group is recognized for outstanding achievement in driving growth and revenue in their organizations, as well as extraordinary leadership in the channel as a whole.
All Channel Chief honorees are selected by CRN's editorial staff on the basis of their professional achievements, standing in the industry, dedication to the channel partner community and strategies for driving future growth and innovation. Each of the 2017 Channel Chiefs has demonstrated loyalty and ongoing support for the channel by consistently promoting, defending and executing outstanding partner programs. However, only 50 of these were selected for the Most Influential list, each singled out for his or her prominent role in guiding and shaping the IT channel itself.
Eric Martorano scales Intermedia's well-established partner program
Since joining the Intermedia leadership team in September 2016, Martorano has hit the ground running. He's been instrumental in developing an organizational design to continue scaling Intermedia's successful global go-to-market strategy, while helping partners increase their own profitability. Under Martorano, Intermedia has made the following sales enablement enhancements:
- Restructuring of worldwide sales organization: To strengthen Intermedia's channel ecosystem, Martorano is increasing investments across nearly every sales function, from customer and partner account management to sales enablement and engineering.
- Hiring new sales leaders: To support the organizational redesign, Martorano named a combination of new and existing executives to lead departments. This included bringing on some of the industry's most talented business professionals with career experience at companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, and Ingram Micro.
- Bringing profitability opportunities to Microsoft® Office 365®: Martorano and Intermedia offer channel partners a significant advantage when selling Office 365 – the ability to enhance Office 365 with add-on solutions sold through Intermedia's Private Label program, which lets partners sell under their own brand. By pairing Office 365 with integrated solution offerings such as unified communications, backup, continuity, compliance, and security services, along with J.D. Power-certified support and Worry-Free migration assistance, Intermedia is helping partners increase their profitability while bringing exceptional value to their clients.
- Increasing sales support: Martorano's organizational redesign enabled Intermedia's sales team to engage more deeply by decreasing the number of partners managed by each representative. This also involves increasing sales training, adding more marketing and sales assistance, and making continued developments to Intermedia's Private Label program.
- Expanding partner resources: Intermedia partners using the ConnectWise Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform produce nearly 50 percent more in monthly recurring revenue than those that aren't. Martorano was instrumental in helping to expand the integration between Intermedia's Partner Portal and ConnectWise to further help partners succeed.
"The executives on our 2017 Channel Chiefs list have distinguished themselves by building strong partner programs, developing and executing effective business strategy and helping to advance the channel as a whole," said Bob Faletra, CEO of The Channel Company. "They represent an extraordinary group of individuals who lead by example and serve as both invaluable advocates and innovators of the IT channel. We applaud their achievements and look forward to their successes in the coming year."
"While at Microsoft, Eric became familiar with Intermedia and saw our potential and the value we deliver, said Michael Gold, CEO at Intermedia. "Similarly, we realized Eric's tremendous skills as an executive and what a true asset he is to the channel. Eric has continued to build out a world-class sales organization here at Intermedia, and what he's achieved in this relatively short period of time is remarkable. His industry recognition is well deserved."
The 2017 CRN Channel Chiefs list, including the 50 Most Influential Channel Chiefs, is featured in the February 2017 issue of CRN and online at www.crn.com/channelchiefs.
Follow The Channel Company: Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
Intermedia is a one-stop shop for cloud business applications. Its Office in the Cloud™ suite integrates the essential IT applications that companies need to do business, including email, unified communications, file backup and sharing, productivity, identity and access management, mobility, security and archiving. Intermedia services offer enterprise-grade security, a 99.999 percent uptime service level agreement and award-winning 24/7 support, as certified by J.D. Power and TSIA.
Intermedia's over 700 employees serve over 1,000,000 users across more than 85,000 businesses and 6,000 active partners, including VARs, MSPs, distributors and telecoms. Its Partner Program lets partners sell under their own brand with control over billing, pricing and other elements of their customer relationships. Intermedia is the world's largest independent provider of Exchange email in the cloud and a leading cloud voice provider. For more information, visit Intermedia.net.
Office in the Cloud is a trademark of Intermedia.net, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft and Office 365 are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company enables breakthrough IT channel performance with our dominant media, engaging events, expert consulting and education and innovative marketing services and platforms. As the channel catalyst, we connect and empower technology suppliers, solution providers and end users. Backed by more than 30 years of unequalled channel experience, we draw from our deep knowledge to envision innovative new solutions for ever-evolving challenges in the technology marketplace. www.thechannelco.com
Copyright ©2017. The Channel Company, LLC. CRN and The Channel Company logo are registered trademarks of The Channel Company, LLC. All rights reserved.
 J.D. Power 2016 Certified Assisted Technical Support Program, developed in conjunction with TSIA. Based on successful completion of an audit and exceeding a customer satisfaction benchmark for assisted support operations. For more information, visit www.jdpower.com or www.tsia.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eric-martorano-svp-of-worldwide-sales-at-intermedia-recognized-as-2017-crn-channel-chief-300409314.html