CLOSTER, N.J., Nov 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ericom Software, a global leader in application access and desktop virtualization solutions, today announced Ericom AccessNow version 1.3. The new release features an enterprise-level Secure Gateway, expanded end-user device support, and more features and capabilities supporting the acceleration of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) adoption.
Ericom AccessNow provides browser-based access to applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Services / RDS, and VDI platforms on Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware and other hypervisors. AccessNow runs entirely within a browser and works with client devices running Windows, Linux, Mac, as well as on Chromebooks, iPad / iPhone, Android, RIM Blackberry / Playbook and any other device and operating system that support an HTML5 browser.
AccessNow is enjoying great interest in the market from organizations that are looking to transition from traditional PCs and laptops to Chromebooks and tablets, but also require access to Windows applications. AccessNow is also receiving high marks from the education market, where schools are adopting tablets and Chromebooks to improve student connectivity and save costs by lowering IT support load.
Highlights of functionality and value added to Ericom AccessNow:
- Audio support for all browsers that are audio capable (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), further widening the relevant range of use cases
- Performance improvements for enhanced user experience and increased productivity
- Support for Microsoft RDS Connection Broker (RDCB), enabling on-demand access to Windows applications and virtual desktops running on Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) / Terminal Services and Microsoft Hyper-V from any device
- Virtual Keyboard Support for tablets and smartphones
- Clipboard support (copy and paste text between local and remote sessions)
- Ericom Secure Gateway (RDP from Anywhere)
- Client-side logging for improved support and quick IT problem ticket resolution
- AccessNow 1.3 is now also available within PowerTerm WebConnect, Ericom's connection broker for Terminal Services / RDS and VDI
Eran Heyman, Ericom Software's CEO commented: "With this new release, Ericom AccessNow sets a new standard for simplicity and flexibility, including true freedom of device choice, and streamlined clientless access management. Ericom AccessNow finally enables organizations to make business-critical computing resources accessible from everywhere and from any end-point device, dramatically reducing user device support load, and enabling BYOD adoption."
Ericom AccessNow provides true clientless access that does not require Java, Flash, Silverlight or any other underlying technology installed on the end-user device.
To learn more about Ericom AccessNow, please visit:
To learn more about Ericom AccessNow for VMware View please visit:
To learn more about Ericom AccessNow for Enterprise Portals please visit:
To learn more about Ericom AccessNow for Chromebook please visit:
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access, Virtualization and RDP Acceleration Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise business-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 7 million installations. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com.
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
+44 845 644 3597
Copyright © 1999-2011 Ericom Software Ltd. Ericom is a registered trademark and AccessNow is a trademark of Ericom® Software Ltd. All other company and brand, and product and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Ericom Software