BOSTON, May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ernst & Young LLP today announced the finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award in the New England Region. The awards program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These finalists were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala event on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at the Renaissance Waterfront.
The finalists are:
- Ash Ashutosh – Founder and CEO, Actifio, Inc.
- Harvey Berger, MD – Chairman and CEO, ARIAD Pharmaceuticals
- Susan Hertzberg – President and CEO, Boston Heart Diagnostics
- Donna Roth – President and CEO, Cool Gear International
- Michael Bonney - CEO, Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- Joseph Petrowski – CEO, Cumberland Farms and Gulf Oil Group
- Michael Baker - Co-Founder and CEO, DataXu
- Micah Adler, PhD – Founder and CEO, Fiksu
- Swapnil Shah – Co-Founder and CEO, FirstFuel Software
- James Travers – CEO, Fleematics Group PLC
- Israel Ganot – Co-Founder and CEO, Gazelle, Inc.
- David Li – CEO, Grandstream Networks, Inc.
- Omar Hussain – CEO, Imprivata
- Michael Iacobucci – President and CEO, Interactions Corporation
- George Bell – President and CEO, Jumptap, Inc.
- Kevin Mehra – Founder and President, Latitude Beverage Company
- John Harthorne – Founder and CEO, MassChallenge, Inc.
- Richard Tarrant - Founder and CEO, MyWebGrocer, Inc.
- Stephen Silverstein – Founder and CEO, Not Your Average Joe's
- Michelle Dipp, MD, PhD - CEO, OvaScience
- Philip Lee – President and CEO, PHT Corporation
- Corey Thomas – President and CEO, Rapid7
- Lars Albright – Co-Founder and CEO, SessionM
- Joe Krivickas – President and CEO, SmartBear Software
- Joseph DeSena – Founder and CEO, Spartan Race
- John McDonough – CEO, T2 Biosystems
- Bruce Percelay - Chairman, The Mount Vernon Company
- Doron Reuveni – Co-Founder and CEO, uTest, Inc.
- Deborah Theobald – Chairwoman and CEO, Vecna Technologies, Inc.
- Bob Brennan – CEO, Veracode, Inc.
- Brian Shin – Founder and CEO, Visible Measures
- Shmuel Kliger – Founder and CTO, VMTurbo
Now in its 27th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in over 140 cities and in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners go on to compete at the national level. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the National Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 16, 2013. The awards are the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation's most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In New England, local sponsors include RBS Citizens, True Capital, WilmerHale, Nixon Peabody, R.R. Donnelley, Scherzer International, Silicon Valley Bank, Murray Devine, Bingham McCutchen, Empire Valuation Consultants and Goodwin Procter LLP.
About Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world's most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award recognizes the significant contributions of entrepreneurs who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
About Ernst & Young LLP's Strategic Growth Markets practice
Ernst & Young LLP's Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary team of elite professionals provides perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. Ernst & Young is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter at EY_Growth.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 167,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
For more information, please visit ey.com.
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a client-serving member firm of Ernst Young Global Limited operating in the US.
SOURCE Ernst & Young LLP