SAN JOSE, Calif., June 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today announced the results of industry analyst firm Enterprise Strategy Group's evaluation of Quantum's Artico™ active archive appliance. ESG Lab's testing confirmed that Artico — which is powered by the company's StorNext® data management technology — offers a simple-to-configure-and-manage tiered archive that is easily integrated into existing workflows. Artico was shown to work with tape, object storage and cloud repositories while its policy-based data management enables data movement, protection and resiliency, retention and encryption. ESG affirmed that Artico's NAS connectivity makes it easy to integrate, and its automated tiered storage engine makes it transparent to archive data on demand. Artico offers significant savings in time and effort while delivering fast access to data and lowering the cost of storing large amounts of data.
[Suggested tweet: Results of @esg_global Lab testing Artico active archive – simple, tiered storage for complex workflows http://qntm.co/1qLGIQb @QuantumCorp]
ESG Lab Validation Highlights
ESG Lab performed evaluation and testing of Artico in the areas of data access, protection and archive as part of the orchestrated and repeatable pattern of business activity that constitutes a critical user workflow. Key findings included:
- Easy Configuration: ESG Lab rapidly configured Artico to provide a multi-tiered target easily accessible by users and applications to archive data using standard NAS protocols. Configuration via the Artico dashboard was extremely fast and simple because integration with tape, object storage and the cloud are built in. Artico can be configured as a data store for user workflows and applications and can be integrated with archive solutions such as Veritas Enterprise Vault.
- Management: ESG Lab used StorNext Connect™ to access Artico from the desktop via a browser and from mobile devices via an app, with StorNext Connect providing guided installation, insight into system status, single-screen management, control and visibility.
- Policy Creation: Artico's policy engine was used to configure complete, granular control over the behavior, protection and security of data.
- Performance: Artico automatically executed tiering policies to copy data to secondary storage and truncate data on Artico internal disk. Frequently accessed data can be stored on faster media while less active data occupies slower, less costly media. Data was transparently and automatically retrieved as required, regardless of where it was stored.
Tony Palmer, Senior Lab Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"Artico's standard NAS interface makes it easy for users and applications to archive and retrieve data on demand, while providing significant savings in time, effort and cost by automatically integrating a self-protecting archive into existing workflows."
Stuart Brewton, Director of Technology Management, BET Networks, a Viacom Company
"The rapid increase of data and the need to preserve it for future possible use created a serious strain on our budget. With Artico, we now have a solution that serves as a private cloud resource across departments, enabling us to cost-effectively manage our valuable data assets while keeping them available and secure."
Geoff Stedman, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Scale-out Storage Solutions, Quantum
"Organizations of all sizes see managing data growth as an increasing priority, and traditional archive approaches often fall short. With Artico's automated multi-tier approach to archive, data is stored and retained in a system that intelligently places it on the right technology at the right time."
Photo Link: https://quantum.box.com/ArticoPhotography
Photo Caption: Quantum Artico Active Archive Appliance
- Read the complete ESG Lab Validation "Quantum Artico Active Archive Appliance: Simple Tiered Archive Storage for Complex Workflows": www.quantum.com/esglabartico
- See how an Ivy League university saves 75 percent with a private cloud archive using Artico: www.quantum.com/customerstories/ivyleague/index.aspx
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out storage, archive and data protection, providing solutions for capturing, sharing and preserving digital assets over the entire data lifecycle. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding data workflow challenges. Quantum's end-to-end, tiered storage foundation enables customers to maximize the value of their data by making it accessible whenever and wherever needed, retaining it indefinitely and reducing total cost and complexity. See how at www.quantum.com/customerstories.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Artico, StorNext and StorNext Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to: 1) benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's Artico appliances, and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such appliances, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. More detailed information about these risk factors are set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 5, 2016 and in Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 12, 2015. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
Public Relations Contact:
+1 (720) 201-8125
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/esg-lab-testing-affirms-unique-abilities-of-quantum-artico-active-archive-appliance-300279048.html
SOURCE Quantum Corp.