LOS ANGELES, Oct. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In an unprecedented celebration that paid tribute to late Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera, Estrella Jalisco – a light-flavored pilsner beer with more than 100 years of Mexican brewing tradition – honored La Diva de la Banda with the first-ever Hispanic 3D hologram during the country's largest annual Día de los Muertos festival at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Attended by more than 40,000 people, including Jenni Rivera's family, La Mariposa del Barrio surprised the entertainment world by taking center stage at the festival, singing Cuando Muere una Dama or "When a Lady Dies."
The surprise appearance, powered by Hologram USA, aired live on the Facebook pages of Jenni Rivera and Estrella Jalisco during the Día de los Muertos festival, drawing millions of fans to view her performance. Consumers who missed the live performance can replay the hologram video until November 5, 2016 by visiting the official Facebook page of Estrella Jalisco.
"Estrella Jalisco and Jenni Rivera shared similar values and cultural traditions – both deeply rooted in the Jalisco region of Mexico – and we couldn't think of a better way to pay homage than by honoring Jenni with the first-ever Hispanic hologram," said Yonathan Bendesky, Brand Director for Anheuser-Busch, Mexican Imports. "We are forever thankful to the Rivera Family for allowing Estrella Jalisco to honor and celebrate the legacy of Jenni Rivera."
Estrella Jalisco teamed-up with Universal Music Latin Entertainment, Fonovisa, Jenni Rivera Enterprises, Hologram USA and Hollywood Forever Cemetery to deliver one of the biggest surprises in the entertainment world this year.
"Día de los Muertos is a celebration of life and it's very important for our family to keep Jenni Rivera's legacy alive through vibrant and cultural festivities – partnering with Estrella Jalisco and being able to recognize La Diva de la Banda with the first-ever Hispanic hologram is the perfect tribute," said Juan Rivera, Vice President of Jenni Rivera Enterprises.
The Jenni Rivera hologram debuts one day after the worldwide release of her third music album, deriving from her last concert in Monterrey, Mexico titled, Paloma Negra Desde Monterrey.
"Jenni Rivera continues to be one our most beloved artists and there is no doubt the legacy she left behind and the one her family continues to build will forever live with us," said Gustavo Lopez, Executive VP and General Manager at UMLE. "At Universal Music Latin Entertainment, we pride ourselves in music and artistry – Jenni's hologram represents the very best of her music in a form never seen within the regional Mexican genre."
In addition to the hologram tribute, Estrella Jalisco commissioned highly respected Mexican-American artist George Yepes to paint a tribute portrait of Jenni Rivera titled "La Mariposa Estrella" – which was presented to the Rivera Estate as a symbol of respect, friendship and admiration for the family.
"The butterfly symbolizes Jenni Rivera's transformation from early life struggles to successful artist," said George Yepes. "I had the honor of naming the painting La Mariposa Estrella because Jenni Rivera is now an eternal star."
Celebrated on November 2nd throughout Mexico and the U.S., Dia de los Muertos is a Mexican holiday that includes both traditional festivities and parades.
With more than 100 years of Mexican brewing tradition, Estrella Jalisco is a refreshing, light-flavored pilsner beer from Guadalajara, Jalisco, and contains 4.5 percent alcohol by volume (ABV). It is best enjoyed in a wide-top pilsner glass to bring out its true flavor and aroma while allowing drinkers to appreciate the color and carbonation of the beer. Estrella Jalisco was launched in the U.S. earlier this year and it's quickly becoming a Mexican favorite among cerveza aficionados.
Consumers 21 and older can learn more about the brand by visiting www.EstrellaJalisco.com, following @EstrellaJalisco on Instagram using #EstrellaJalisco, and visiting the Estrella Jalisco Facebook page.
For more than 160 years, Anheuser-Busch and its world-class brewmasters have carried on a legacy of brewing America's most-popular beers. Starting with the finest ingredients sourced from Anheuser-Busch's family of growers, every batch is crafted using the same exacting standards and time-honored traditions passed down through generations of proud Anheuser-Busch brewmasters and employees. Best known for its fine American-style lagers, Budweiser and Bud Light, the company's beers lead numerous beer segments. Budweiser and Bud Light Lime Lime-A-Rita were named Brands of the Year for the Beer and the Spirits, Malt Beverages and Wine categories, respectively, by Ace Metrix® in 2014. Anheuser-Busch is the U.S. arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev and operates 17 local breweries, 21 distributorships and 23 agricultural and packaging facilities across the United States. The company committed to investing more than $1.5 billion in its U.S. brewing, agriculture, packaging and distributing operations by 2018. Its flagship brewery remains in St. Louis, Mo., and is among the global company's largest and most technologically-capable breweries. Visitor and special beermaster tours are available at its St. Louis and five other Anheuser-Busch breweries. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com.
About Jenni Rivera
Dolores Janney "Jenni" Rivera (July 2, 1969 – December 9, 2012) was an American singer, songwriter, actress, television producer, and entrepreneur known for her work within the regional Mexican music genre. In life and death, several media outlets including CNN, Billboard, Fox News, and The New York Times have labeled her as the most important female figure and top selling female artist in the regional Mexican music genre.
- 2016: Paloma Negra desde Monterrey, el mismo día de su lanzamiento se posiciono #1 en los charts de itunes en México y Estados Unidos
- 2014: Disco de Oro por Una Vida 3 Historias
- 2014: Disco de Platino En Vivo desde Monterrey parte 2
- 2013: Disco de Platino En Vivo desde Monterrey parte 1
- 2012: Disco Triple de Platino más Disco de Oro por La Misma Gran Señora
- 2011: Disco Doble Platino Joyas Prestada / Banda y POP
- 2010: Disco Platino por La Gran Señora en vivo
- 2009: Disco Patino por el álbum "La Gran Señora"
- 2008: Disco Doble Platino por su álbum "Mi Vida Loca"
- 2007: Disco Oro por su álbum "Mi Vida Loca".
- 2007: Disco Oro "Parrandera, Rebelde y Atrevida".
- 2006: Disco Platino "Parrandera, Rebelde y Atrevida".
- Sold Out @ Arena Monterrey, 2012
- Sold Out @ Auditorio Nacional de la Ciudad de México en 2011
- Sold Out @ Nokia Anphitheatre 31 de julio & 1 de agosto, 2009.
- Sold Out @ Nokia Amphitheatre el 16 de agosto, 2008.
- Sold Out @ Gibson Amphitheatre el 10 de agosto, 2007.
- Sold Out @ Gibson Amphitheatre el 5, agosto, 2006.
- Sold Out @ Kodak Theatre el 14 de octubre, 2005.
- Sold Out @ Ford Amphitheatre en Julio, 2003.
- Billboard Latin Music Awards (2009) "Mejor Album del Año" con "Jenni"
- Billboard Latin Music Awards (2009) "Mejor Canción Regional Mexicana del Año" con "Culpable o Inocente".
- Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina: "Artista Femenina del Año" 2009
- Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina: "Artista Banda del Año" 2009
- Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina: "Artista Femenina del Año" 2008
- Nominada al Latin GRAMMY® (2008) en la categoría de 'Mejor Album Ranchero' por su álbum "La Diva En Vivo".
- Billboard Latin Music Awards (2008) premios: 'Album Regional Mexicano Del Año, Artista Solista o Grupo Femenino' por su álbum "Mi Vida Loca" y 'Tema Regional Mexicano Airplay Del Año, Solista o Grupo Femenino' por su tema "Mírame".
- Premio Lo Nuestro A La Música Latina: 'Artista Femenina del Año' (2008).
- Premio Lo Nuestro A La Música Latina: 'Artista Femenina del Año' (2007).
- Billboard Latin Music Awards (2006): Canción Regional Mexicano del Año "De Contrabando"
- Premio De La Radio (2007) en Los Angeles: premio en las categorías 'Artista Del Año', 'Mejor Solista Femenina del Año', 'Mejor Canción Banda' además de obtener el premio de "Mejor Artista Solista Femenina" consecutivamente desde el 2002.
- Nominada al Latin GRAMMY® ( 2002) en la categoría de 'Mejor Album Banda' por su álbum "Se Las Voy A Dar A Otro".
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company. Find out more at: http://www.universalmusic.com
About Hologram USA
Hologram USA is part of FOTV Media Networks Inc., a millennial-focused, interrelated group of companies that includes over-the-top ("OTT") streaming TV company FilmOn.TV Networks Inc., the transactional video-on-demand service CinemaNow LLC, and the comprehensive online video discovery source OVGuide Inc., with an audience of over 75 million monthly users. Hologram USA owns the North American patent for lifelike, High Definition holographic projection technology, which it uses to produce once-in-a-lifetime stage shows and marketing experiences. The company owns life rights to legendary artists such as Whitney Houston, Buddy Holly, Patsy Cline, Billie Holiday, Andy Kaufman, Redd Foxx, Bing Crosby and Dean Martin. It is the same technology that projected the Tupac Shakur hologram at Coachella. Hologram USA is also building a network of live hologram venues nationwide with theaters in Hollywood, Las Vegas and on the East Coast planned for Spring 2017. FOTV Media Networks announced recently the effectiveness of its SEC registration statement and pricing of its initial public offering for the Nasdaq. For more information, please visit http://www.hologramusa.com.
For more information, contact:
Michael Delgado, Zeno Group
Ana Vila, Zeno Group
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/estrella-jalisco-honors-beloved-mexican-american-singer-jenni-rivera-with-first-ever-hispanic-hologram-300353865.html
SOURCE Estrella Jalisco