Esurance Helps Tennis Fans Evolve Their Game at the US Open Official Car Insurance Sponsor of the Tournament Providing Attendees with Tennis Tips, Player Autographs, Sweepstakes Entry, and Prizes
FLUSHING, N.Y., Sept. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Esurance, the direct-to-consumer personal car insurance company, is helping enhance the US Open experience for fans and attendees over the next two weeks by providing them with a number of engaging elements onsite at this year's event.
Visitors to the Esurance booth at the US Open will get an Esurance-branded hangtag to wear while they're at the event, making them eligible to receive promotional items. Esurance "spotters" will roam the tournament grounds giving away items such as US Open gift cards, rain ponchos, seat cushions, lip balm, and sunscreen to the hangtag wearers.*
Esurance is again supporting the US Open's Green Initiative, promoting the use of public transit by giving away MetroCards throughout the tournament in conjunction with the USTA. Each day, representatives will hand out cards at the Esurance bag-check station on the walkway between the subway and the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. Attendees can also pick up MetroCards at the Esurance booth and from US Open Guest Services ambassadors.*
US Open visitors will be able to participate in a wide variety of activities at the Esurance Booth located on the south side of Arthur Ashe stadium, near Court 13.
Fans can collect player autographs during select sessions, and have their pictures taken in front of a life-size photo board of the Bryan Brothers to download or share with friends and family on Facebook and Twitter. The Esurance booth also features touch-screen kiosks that allow visitors to navigate between different offerings:
- Play with the Pros Sweepstakes – enter the sweepstakes to win a 3-night trip for two to California for a private lesson from the Bryan Brothers, spa treatments, and an iPad loaded with tennis tips from the Bryans.**
- Access usopen.org – gain access to grounds maps, train schedules, latest news and special events.
- Tennis Technology Timeline – scroll through the technology timeline to see images and information about the evolution of tennis, from equipment to fashion.
- Bryan Brothers Tips – get questions on how to improve your game answered via Bryan Brothers videos.
Esurance has evolved the car insurance experience for consumers by using the latest technology to make shopping for and managing a policy fast and easy:
- An easy-to-use website that offers comparison quotes from other top insurers alongside the Esurance quote
- Automatic car insurance discounts: consumers enter their info and Esurance finds their discounts automatically
- A mobile site and iPhone®, Android™, and Windows Phone 7 apps that allow customers to manage their policy from anywhere
- RepairView™ online car repair monitoring that allows customers to see pictures of their car repairs and share them on Facebook
*Available only while supplies last.
** NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to residents of the 50 US/DC 18 or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes began at 12:01 a.m. PT on 6/30/11. Online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on 9/30/11; mailed entries must be received by 10/7/11. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. WINNER MUST TRAVEL ON SPONSOR-SPECIFIED DAYS OR PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED. MEETING WITH BRYAN BROS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. ARV of grand prize: $4,250. Subject to full official rules at www.esurance.com/tennis/rules.pdf. Sponsor: Esurance Insurance Services, Inc., 650 Davis Street, San Francisco, CA 94111.
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. and use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Esurance, a subsidiary of White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM), provides personal auto insurance direct to consumers online and through select agents, including sister company, Answer Financial. Esurance is dedicated to constantly improving the way people shop for, buy, and manage their auto insurance. By combining the best of technology with industry know-how, Esurance is able to offer hassle-free coverage with 24/7 customer service and claims handling at competitive prices.
Through Esurance's website, www.esurance.com, customers can get instant car insurance quotes, view comparison quotes, buy an Esurance policy, and print their insurance cards— all in minutes. Esurance also offers policyholders the ability to make policy changes and file claims instantly online, demonstrating its commitment to improving the entire insurance process from quote to claim.
Answer Financial, also a subsidiary of White Mountains, is one of the largest independent personal lines insurance agencies in the country. Answer Financial offers comparison quotes and provides auto and property insurance from more than a dozen top-rated insurance companies through its website, www.answerfinancial.com, and over the phone. In May 2011, White Mountains announced that it signed a definitive agreement to sell Esurance and Answer Financial to The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL), the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. The transaction is subject to regulatory and other customary closing conditions, including review by antitrust authorities and state regulators, and is expected to close in the fall of 2011.
SafeHarbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or referenced in this release which address activities, events or developments which we expect or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. The words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "project," "estimate," "predict" and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to White Mountains':
- changes in adjusted book value per share or return on equity;
- business strategy;
- financial and operating targets or plans;
- incurred losses and the adequacy of its loss and loss adjustment expense reserves and related reinsurance;
- projections of revenues, income (or loss), earnings (or loss) per share, dividends, market share or other financial forecasts;
- expansion and growth of our business and operations; and
- future capital expenditures.
These statements are based on certain assumptions and analyses made by White Mountains in light of its experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors believed to be appropriate in the circumstances. However, whether actual results and developments will conform to our expectations and predictions is subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including:
- the risks associated with Item 1A of White Mountains' 2010 Annual Report on Form 10-K;
- claims arising from catastrophic events, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, floods or terrorist attacks;
- the continued availability of capital and financing;
- general economic, market or business conditions;
- business opportunities (or lack thereof) that may be presented to it and pursued;
- competitive forces, including the conduct of other property and casualty insurers and reinsurers;
- changes in domestic or foreign laws or regulations, or their interpretation, applicable to White Mountains, its competitors or its clients;
- an economic downturn or other economic conditions adversely affecting its financial position;
- recorded loss reserves subsequently proving to have been inadequate;
- actions taken by ratings agencies from time to time, such as financial strength or credit ratings downgrades or placing ratings on negative watch;
- other factors, most of which are beyond White Mountains' control.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements, and there can be no assurance that the actual results or developments anticipated by White Mountains will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected consequences to, or effects on, White Mountains or its business or operations. White Mountains assumes no obligation to publicly update any such forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.