Esurance Launches Summer Partnership With Bryan Brothers Enter "Play With the Pros" Sweepstakes for a chance to "Evolve Your Game" with 2011 Wimbledon men's doubles champions
SAN FRANCISCO, July 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Esurance, the direct-to-consumer personal car insurance company, today announced its partnership with Bob and Mike Bryan, the winningest men's doubles team in history.
Esurance will launch its summer-long partnership today at 1:30p.m. CDT at an appearance with the Bryan Brothers in Austin, Texas, the site of the 2011 Davis Cup quarterfinals.
Esurance and the Bryan Brothers will join United States Tennis Association executives in Austin on the courts of the SmashZone Mobile Tour, an Esurance-sponsored program that supports USTA's 10 and Under Tennis initiative. Local children from the USTA National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTL) chapters will join the Bryan Brothers on the courts of the SmashZone Mobile Tour to get personal tips on how they can "evolve their game."
For photos and videos of today's SmashZone Mobile events in Austin, visit the Esurance Facebook page or follow the EsuranceSports Twitter feed to get all the latest updates on the Bryans and this summer's tennis action.
Esurance and the Bryan Brothers have also teamed up to "evolve your game" with a Play With the Pros Sweepstakes*, where a lucky winner could receive:
- A one-hour private lesson with the Bryan Brothers
- An iPad2® loaded with tennis tips from the Bryan Brothers
- A three-night trip for two to the Westin Long Beach
To register for the Play with the Pros Sweepstakes, go to www.esurance.com/tennis.
"As part of a team that has helped evolve the doubles game, my brother Mike and I are proud to support Esurance's efforts to help tennis fans evolve their game through the Play with the Pros sweepstakes," said Bob Bryan.
"Esurance is changing the way consumers approach car insurance, much like the way Bob and Mike have evolved doubles tennis. Their excellence on the court and embrace of technology and social media is a great fit for the Esurance brand," said Esurance Vice President of Marketing Darren Howard. "We are looking forward to an exciting summer of tennis with the Bryans, leading up to the second year of our US Open sponsorship."
Esurance recently announced an expansion of its sponsorship of the US Open this year that will focus on elevating the fan experience and advancing the US Open's Green Initiative.
The company has evolved car insurance for consumers with an approach that uses the latest technology to make the process of shopping for car insurance and managing a policy fast and easy:
- An easy-to-use website that offers comparison quotes from other top car insurers alongside their Esurance quote
- Automatic car insurance discounts: consumers enter their info and Esurance finds their discounts automatically
- iPhone® and Android™ mobile apps that allow customers to manage their policy from anywhere
- RepairView™ online car repair monitoring that allows consumers to see pictures of their car repairs and share them on Facebook
*Neither this promotion nor Esurance is sponsored or endorsed by Apple Inc. Play With the Pros Sweepstakes, Brought to you by Esurance. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to residents of the 50 US/DC 18 or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. PT on 6/30/11. Online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on 9/30/11; mailed entries must be received by 10/7/11. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. WINNER MUST TRAVEL ON SPONSOR-SPECIFIED DAYS OR PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED. MEETING WITH BRYAN BROS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. ARV of grand prize: $4,250. Subject to full official rules at www.esurance.com/tennis/rules.pdf.
iPad2 and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. and use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
Esurance, a subsidiary of White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM), provides personal auto insurance direct to consumers online and through select agents, including sister company, Answer Financial. Esurance is dedicated to constantly improving the way people shop for, buy, and manage their auto insurance. By combining the best of technology with industry know-how, Esurance is able to offer hassle-free coverage with 24/7 customer service and claims handling at competitive prices.
Through Esurance's website, www.esurance.com, customers can get instant car insurance quotes, view comparison quotes, buy an Esurance policy, and print their insurance cards— all in minutes. Esurance also offers policyholders the ability to make policy changes and file claims instantly online, demonstrating its commitment to improving the entire insurance process from quote to claim.
Answer Financial, also a subsidiary of White Mountains, is one of the largest independent personal lines insurance agencies in the country. Answer Financial offers comparison quotes and provides auto and property insurance from more than a dozen top-rated insurance companies through its website, www.answerfinancial.com, and over the phone. In May 2011, White Mountains announced that it signed a definitive agreement to sell Esurance and Answer Financial to The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL), the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. The transaction is subject to regulatory and other customary closing conditions, including review by antitrust authorities and state regulators, and is expected to close in the fall of 2011.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or referenced in this release which address activities, events or developments which we expect or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. The words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "project," "estimate," "predict" and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to White Mountains':
- changes in adjusted book value per share or return on equity;
- business strategy;
- financial and operating targets or plans;
- incurred losses and the adequacy of its loss and loss adjustment expense reserves and related reinsurance;
- projections of revenues, income (or loss), earnings (or loss) per share, dividends, market share or other financial forecasts;
- expansion and growth of our business and operations; and
- future capital expenditures.
These statements are based on certain assumptions and analyses made by White Mountains in light of its experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors believed to be appropriate in the circumstances. However, whether actual results and developments will conform to our expectations and predictions is subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including:
- the risks associated with Item 1A of White Mountains' 2010 Annual Report on Form 10-K;
- claims arising from catastrophic events, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, floods or terrorist attacks;
- the continued availability of capital and financing;
- general economic, market or business conditions;
- business opportunities (or lack thereof) that may be presented to it and pursued;
- competitive forces, including the conduct of other property and casualty insurers and reinsurers;
- changes in domestic or foreign laws or regulations, or their interpretation, applicable to White Mountains, its competitors or its clients;
- an economic downturn or other economic conditions adversely affecting its financial position;
- recorded loss reserves subsequently proving to have been inadequate;
- actions taken by ratings agencies from time to time, such as financial strength or credit ratings downgrades or placing ratings on negative watch;
- other factors, most of which are beyond White Mountains' control.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements, and there can be no assurance that the actual results or developments anticipated by White Mountains will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected consequences to, or effects on, White Mountains or its business or operations. White Mountains assumes no obligation to publicly update any such forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.