Esurance Selects Leo Burnett as its New Advertising Agency Plans Aggressive Pursuit of Self-Directed Insurance Shoppers
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Esurance, the direct-to-consumer personal car insurance company, today named Leo Burnett as its new advertising agency of record.
Leo Burnett Chicago won the Esurance business after a rigorous selection process that also included Deutsch LA; Duncan/Channon; Goodby Silverstein & Partners; and Venables Bell & Partners.
"The decision was a difficult one for us, since all five agencies presented amazing work. Ultimately, we felt that Leo Burnett delivered the best option for continuing the development of Esurance's brand voice in a crowded industry," said Esurance Chief Marketing Officer John Swigart.
The relationship will be managed from Leo Burnett's Chicago office, which will begin working immediately on a new advertising campaign.
In May 2011, White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. announced that it had signed a definitive agreement to sell Esurance and Answer Financial to The Allstate Corporation, the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. The transaction is subject to regulatory and other customary closing conditions, including review by antitrust authorities and state regulators and is expected to close in the fall of 2011. Following the closing, Allstate has indicated that the Esurance and Allstate brands will remain distinct, with each company serving a separate target segment with a different value proposition. Esurance focuses on consumers who prefer to shop for and buy car insurance online.
Leo Burnett, which has been the longtime ad agency for Allstate, will service Esurance with a separate team.
Esurance, a subsidiary of White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM), provides personal auto insurance direct to consumers online and through select agents, including sister company, Answer Financial. Esurance is dedicated to constantly improving the way people shop for, buy, and manage their auto insurance. By combining the best of technology with industry know-how, Esurance is able to offer hassle-free coverage with 24/7 customer service and claims handling at competitive prices.
Through Esurance's website, www.esurance.com, customers can get instant car insurance quotes, view comparison quotes, buy an Esurance policy, and print their insurance cards — all in minutes. Esurance also offers policyholders the ability to make policy changes and file claims instantly online, demonstrating its commitment to improving the entire insurance process from quote to claim.
Answer Financial, also a subsidiary of White Mountains, is one of the largest independent personal lines insurance agencies in the country. Answer Financial offers comparison quotes and provides auto and property insurance from more than a dozen top-rated insurance companies through its website, www.answerfinancial.com, and over the phone.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or referenced in this release which address activities, events or developments which we expect or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. The words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "project," "estimate," "predict" and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to White Mountains':
- changes in adjusted book value per share or return on equity;
- business strategy;
- financial and operating targets or plans;
- incurred losses and the adequacy of its loss and loss adjustment expense reserves and related reinsurance;
- projections of revenues, income (or loss), earnings (or loss) per share, dividends, market share or other financial forecasts;
- expansion and growth of our business and operations; and
- future capital expenditures.
These statements are based on certain assumptions and analyses made by White Mountains in light of its experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors believed to be appropriate in the circumstances. However, whether actual results and developments will conform to our expectations and predictions is subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including:
- the risks associated with Item 1A of White Mountains' 2010 Annual Report on Form 10-K;
- claims arising from catastrophic events, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, floods or terrorist attacks;
- the continued availability of capital and financing;
- general economic, market or business conditions;
- business opportunities (or lack thereof) that may be presented to it and pursued;
- competitive forces, including the conduct of other property and casualty insurers and reinsurers;
- changes in domestic or foreign laws or regulations, or their interpretation, applicable to White Mountains, its competitors or its clients;
- an economic downturn or other economic conditions adversely affecting its financial position;
- recorded loss reserves subsequently proving to have been inadequate;
- actions taken by ratings agencies from time to time, such as financial strength or credit ratings downgrades or placing ratings on negative watch;
- other factors, most of which are beyond White Mountains' control.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements, and there can be no assurance that the actual results or developments anticipated by White Mountains will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected consequences to, or effects on, White Mountains or its business or operations. White Mountains assumes no obligation to publicly update any such forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.