NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Europe Carrier Quarterly Update Q2 2015 : Key Developments in the European Telecommunications Markets
This research service provides an overview of key mobile and fixed communications developments by major European mobile operators in Q2 2015. It covers both qualitative (product launches, infrastructure development, partnerships/alliances, M&A activity, key client wins, change in personnel) and quantitative (mobile and fixed broadband subscribers, mobile ARPU, operating profit margin, market capitalisation) information and is a continuation of Frost & Sullivan's regular quarterly updates on the industry.
Top 3 European Carrier Highlights, Q2 2015
TIM and Sky join forces to offer quadplay
- TIM's partnership with Sky aims to deliver converged TV content, Internet, mobile, and landline services.
- It is the first quadruple-play offer in Italy. It strengthens TIM's strategy to bring innovative services, and leverages its high-speed networks. For Sky, the deal offers the possibility of delivering TV content on broadband and ultra-broadband networks, thus reaching a wider audience.
Telefónica and Samsung collaborate to develop new products and services for IoT
- The aim of the partnership is to combine technologies for the development of new initiatives in the IoT field.
- The companies are working on two prototypes; the first integrates Telefónica's IoT platform Thinking Things with the capabilities of Samsung's devices and sensors to identify new solutions; the second involves the development of a physical button to simplify the application of IoT in different environments.
EE launches Wi-Fi Calling
- This is the United Kingdom's first Wi-Fi calling service. It allows the making of calls and texting through Wi-Fi on compatible devices.
- The service is expected to benefit people in homes and small/home offices, where cellular connection in certain areas may not be available.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03384813-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001