NEW YORK, April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The research provides an overview of key mobile and fixed communications developments by major European mobile operators in Q3 2015. It covers both qualitative (product launches, infrastructure development, partnerships/alliances, M&A activity, key client wins, change in personnel) and quantitative (mobile and fixed broadband subscribers, mobile ARPU, operating profit margin, market capitalisation) information. The research is a continuation of Frost & Sullivan's regular quarterly updates on the industry.
Top 3 European Carrier Highlights Q3 2015
Wind and 3 Italia Agree on Italian Merger
- VimpelCom and CK Hutchison have agreed to form a joint venture of their Italian telecommunications operations, Wind and Italia.
- With more than Million mobile customers, the combined entity will be the largest mobile operator in Italy.
It is expected to generate significant operational efficiencies and will compete more aggressively against its rivals, Telecom Italia and Vodafone.
Turkcell Acquires LTE Spectrum
- Turkcell secured MHz of spectrum in Turkey's long-awaited 4G auction held on 26 August 2015. It spent a total of € Billion to acquire the highest amount of spectrum acquired among the country's three
operators. The operator will use the spectrum to launch LTE-Advanced by April 2016.
Vodafone UK Launches WiFi Calling
- The service makes calls available in more places connected to WiFi (and/or lacking mobile signal) and eliminates the need of running an app as in the case of over-the-top (OTT) services. There is no additional
- With this move, Vodafone is catching up with its main rival, EE, which was the first UK operator to launch WiFi calling.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03571238-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/europe-carrier-quarterly-update-q3-2015-300249468.html