BURLINGTON, Mass., Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that demand for a minimally invasive cost-effective alternative to the surgical facelift, favorable demographics, and pervasive high aesthetic consciousness have fueled the emergence of the next-generation cosmetic thread market in Europe. Cosmetic threads target naturally occurring ptosis (sagging skin) in areas of the face, neck, and other areas of the body. Therefore, these procedures fulfill a need that was not being met by aesthetic treatment options already available on the market, such as botulinum toxin-A (BTX), dermal fillers, or other aesthetic energy-based treatments. These market dynamics are captured in the new Cosmetic Threads report from Decision Resources Group that showcases the size, rapid growth, and interplay of the suspension and rejuvenation cosmetic thread markets to 2025.
Other key findings from the report entitled Cosmetic Threads | Medtech 360 | Market Analysis | Europe | 2017:
- Suspension thread procedures will see faster growth than rejuvenation thread procedures through the forecast period, despite the strong growth prospects in both market segments.
- Cosmetic thread procedure administration is largely unregulated in Europe. Therefore, noncore practitioners—such as general practitioners and nurses—as well as core physicians—plastic surgeons and dermatologists—can administer cosmetic threads.
- There are many players offering products in the rejuvenation thread market, whereas just a few leaders dominate the suspension thread market.
Comments from Decision Resources Group Analyst Lucy Federico:
- "It's interesting to watch the uptake of cosmetic threads in Europe because it is unclear whether these products will be able to eventually successfully tap into the larger US market as well. In Europe, cosmetic threads are taking a second go at adoption after the first-generation products were not used properly, leading to complications and negative patient and physician perceptions. Second-generation products have been able to produce favorable clinical results, but to maintain that, companies will need to be proactive about making sure their products are used by trained practitioners. This means investing in creating effective training programs for physicians."
- "The rise of combination treatments is worth watching closely because the fact that cosmetic threads can be used with products like dermal fillers for an enhanced effect could lead to acquisitions of cosmetic thread companies by larger aesthetic companies."
- Lucy Federico has written a blog on the subject, which can be found here.
For more information on purchasing this report, please email email@example.com
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value data, analytics and insights products and services to the healthcare industry, delivered by more than 1,000 employees across 17 global locations. DRG provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and payer industries with the tools, insights and advice they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly complex and value-based marketplace. DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/europe-has-developed-into-an-emerging-market-for-next-generation-cosmetic-threads-fueled-by-high-aesthetic-consciousness-recent-product-innovation-and-patient-demand-for-minimally-invasive-cosmetic-procedures-300361621.html
SOURCE Decision Resources Group