This report titled Europe - Self Monitoring of Blood Glucose (SMBG) (Test Strips, Lancet, Meter) Market and Forecast provides analysis of 9 European countries Diabetes Population, SMBG Users, SMBG Market and the driving factors and challenges for the SMBG market.
Self-monitoring of blood glucose is a very lucrative business with enormous market opportunity. Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) is an important component of modern therapy for diabetes mellitus. SMBG has been recommended for people with diabetes and their health care professionals in order to achieve a specific level of glycemic control and to prevent hypoglycemia.
The primary growth factors for the SMBG market is the increasing global diabetic population; increasing awareness among the diabetes population, increasing spending on healthcare, active reimbursement policies and the technological advancement aimed at minimal and non-invasive testing methods.
- In 2015, European SMBG market was valued at over US$ 7 Billion.
- Russia, United Kingdom and Italy are the top three dominating countries in the European SMBG market.
- Blood glucose test strips dominates the self-monitoring blood glucose (SMBG) market.
- Russia dominates the self-monitoring of blood glucose users Germany, Spain, Netherlands and Norway are the other major countries contributing to the European SMBG Market.
All the 9 Countries in the report have been studied from 3 viewpoints.
1. Country Wise Diabetes Population and Forecast (2007 - 2021)
I. Type 1 Diabetes Population
II. Type 2 Diabetes Population
2. Country Wise SMBG Users and Forecast (2007 - 2021)
3. Country Wise SMBG Market and Forecast (2007 - 2021)
I. Blood Glucose Test Strips Market
II. Blood Glucose Lancet Market
III. Blood Glucose Meter Market
The 9 Countries analyzed in the reports are as follows:
1. United Kingdom
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fsw3dd/europe_self
Related Topics: Home Testing and Home Healthcare, Diabetes Devices
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/europe-self-monitoring-of-blood-glucose-smbg-test-strips-lancet-meter-market-and-forecast-to-2021---european-market-valued-at-7-billion-with-russia-united-kingdom-and-italy-dominating---research-and-markets-300328746.html
SOURCE Research and Markets