LONDON, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Senior representatives from international navies, Coast Guards and governments will be speaking at the 12th Annual Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance congress, a two-day conference addressing the challenges which have emerged over the past 12 months, including illegal immigration, counter piracy, smuggling, drug interdiction operations and EEZ protection.
The conference, hosted by Defence IQ - a division of global events company IQPC - will be a unique opportunity for the global maritime community to discuss and debate the importance of future technologies such as unmanned systems and space-based observations, whilst sharing recent operational insights to jointly develop future capabilities.
"Since last year's hugely successful Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance event, it seems like the news has been dominated by stories involving maritime reconnaissance assets. From the search for MH370 to the continuing battle against illegal migration, navies and Coast Guards have never been as profiled or as challenged.
2014's congress will offer the global community a unique opportunity to come together to address the issues which have emerged over the past 12 months, whilst debating the way ahead." - Matthew Smith, Conference Director
Speakers at this industry forum will include:
- Rear Admiral Giorgio Gomma, Director of Naval Aviation and Commander of the Fleet Air Arm, Italian Navy
- Major General S.O. Williams, Chief of Defence Staff, Sierra Leone
- Brigadier David Evans, Head of Information Systems, Royal Navy
- Rear Admiral Mario Rodriguez, Maritime Aviation, Colombian Navy
- Commander Marko Tuominen, Head of Border Surveillance and Preparedness Unit, Finnish Border Guard
- Commander Pasi Staff, Chairman, Maritime Surveillance Networking, MARSUR Europe
- Squadron Leader Kevin Ingram, 92nd Wing, Royal Australian Air Force
- Major Jose Carave, Chief Pilot, MPA Squadron, Spanish Air Force
Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance 2014 will take place on 29th September - 1st October 2014 in Rome, Italy. Find the full programme, speaker list and registration form at http://www.maritimerecon.com/news, call +44 (0)20 7368 9737 or email email@example.com.
Current sponsors include Aerodata, Avigilon, Beechcraft, Boeing, Luciad, MDA, Raytheon, Selex, S&T Airborne Systems and Vista Research.
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum. If you would like a complimentary press pass please email Nishkala Thiru at Nishkala.Thiru@iqpc.co.uk.
SOURCE Defence IQ