Evergreen Healthcare Private Practice Physicians Recognized with Seattle Met's "Top Doctors 2011" Honor
KIRKLAND, Wash., Sept. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Evergreen Healthcare announced that Seattle Met magazine named 22 private practice physicians within the Evergreen Healthcare network to the magazine's "Top Doctors 2011" list, placing them alongside a group of 14 specialist colleagues from Evergreen Hospital Medical Center who also received the recognition.
The "Top Doctors" designation bestowed on these 36 Evergreen-affiliated physicians recognizes doctors within the Seattle metropolitan area who are among the top 5 percent of practitioners in each of their respective fields.
Seattle Met conducts an annual, comprehensive survey of Seattle-area healthcare providers across dozens of specialties to rank the highest-rated doctors based on peer endorsements, experience, awards and several other criteria. In total, the 2011 list includes 612 Seattle-area practitioners in 66 specialties.
"We are very pleased that Seattle Met has recognized a range of physicians from various specialties and levels of care across the Evergreen network. We feel they are exemplary representatives of the talent and commitment of our entire organization," said Evergreen CEO Bob Malte.
Seattle Met partnered with Avvo.com to collect nominations and conduct this year's Top Doctors survey. Avvo is an online physician rating service that maintains physician profiles and ranks doctors on a 10-point scale using a proprietary algorithm, which factors in several criteria including education, experience, peer endorsements, awards and other variables.
The private practice physicians in the Evergreen Healthcare network who were named "Top Doctors 2011" include:
- Josephine Amory, MD, Maternal and Fetal medicine
- Ray Baker, MD, Pain medicine
- Sara Benda, MD, General Pediatrics
- Kurt Billett, MD, Family medicine
- Terrance Chun, MD, Pediatric Cardiology
- Mary Dion, MD, Anesthesiology
- Garrett Hyman, MD, Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Mary M. Kelly, MD, Diagnostic Radiology
- Peter Lallas, DPM, Podiatry
- Mark B. Lewin, MD, Pediatric Cardiology
- Carolyn Marquardt, MD, Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Howard Muntz, MD, Gynecologic Oncology
- Glenn I. Powers, MD, Anesthesiology
- Cliff Rogers, MD, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Robert Roskin, MD, General Pediatrics
- Sam Salama, MD, General Surgery
- Gwen Seaver, MD, General Pediatrics
- Chirag A. Shah, MD, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Lorena Shih, MD, General Pediatrics
- Greg Sliman, MD, General Pediatrics
- Stephen Tilles, MD, Allergy and Immunology
- Mitch Weinberg, MD, General Pediatrics
The 2011 Seattle Met survey rated nearly 4,000 local practitioners from King, Kitsap and Snohomish counties, as well as parts of Pierce County.
For the full list of the physicians honored by Seattle Met's Top Doctors 2011 list, visit http://www.seattlemet.com/health-and-fitness/articles/2011-top-doctors-august-2011/.
To contact an Evergreen physician, visit www.evergreenhealthcare.org/physician, or call the Evergreen Healthline physician referral service at 425.899.3000.
About Evergreen Healthcare
Evergreen Healthcare, a public hospital district and community-based health care organization established in 1972, offers a breadth of services and programs that is among the most comprehensive in the region. More than 950 physicians provide clinical excellence within more than 80 specialties including cardiac, oncology, surgical care, orthopedics, a Neuroscience Institute, Women's and Children's services, hospice care, pulmonary care, a Sleep Disorders Center and Home Health services care. Evergreen serves more than 400,000 residents in its primary service area of northern King and southern Snohomish counties with Evergreen Medical Group, a network of primary and urgent care practices, and Evergreen Hospital Medical Center, its main hospital campus in Kirkland, Wash. Evergreen also provides emergency care at two sites: its main hospital campus and the Evergreen Redmond Medical Center. In addition to clinical care, Evergreen offers extensive community health outreach and education programs, anchored by Evergreen Healthline, a 24/7 nurse consultation service. For more information, visit www.evergreenhealthcare.org.
VP of Marketing
Firmani + Associates Inc.
SOURCE Evergreen Healthcare