Everyday Health, Inc. Announces 30% Growth in Advertising and Sponsorship Revenue as it Celebrates its Tenth Anniversary
NEW YORK, March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Everyday Health, Inc., the leading provider of online health solutions, today announced a very healthy 2011, with continued strong revenue growth, increased traffic and engagement across both its consumer and professional offerings and success in its expanding mobile, video and local initiatives.
Everyday Health, which recently celebrated its tenth anniversary, saw its advertising and sponsorship revenue grow 30% in 2011 over the prior year, which reflected significant growth from the company's pharmaceutical clients as well as its consumer packaged goods and lifestyle customers. The company has achieved significant revenue growth for over 20 consecutive quarters, and ended 2011 with over 500 customers for its expanding consumer and professional products and services. This revenue growth results from the company's ability to provide innovative and multi-channel marketing solutions – incorporating unique sponsorship capabilities and post-campaign analytics and ROI measurement - targeting large and niche audiences.
"We are extremely proud of the significant growth we experienced in 2011, and believe the trends in the online health and lifestyle sector will continue to support strong expansion across our business," explained CEO and Co-Founder Ben Wolin. "All of our partners and customers continue to embrace the benefits of online solutions and we will continue to focus on better offerings for our consumers, doctors and partners, especially in the areas of mobile, social and video."
In addition to the strong revenue and customer growth, Everyday Health achieved milestones across the company during 2011. The highlights from 2011 include:
- Maintaining the largest audience in online health each quarter, and in January 2012 the company surpassed 30 million monthly unique visitors (comScore)
- Registering five million consumers that opted-in to receive daily health, medical and lifestyle content
- Enhancing the MedPage Today offerings, resulting in over 40% growth in physicians and healthcare professionals in 2011 and 60% growth in the number of visits during 2011
- Surpassing seven million downloads of the company's mobile applications, across multiple platforms including Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and iTouch
- Being selected by YouTube as the health partner for its original channels initiative, with the channel to be launched in April 2012
- Expanding the local media and marketing solutions to health care professionals, and increasing the client base over 50% in 2011
- Premiering the "Everyday Health" television series, airing weekly on ABC stations in 95% of the country and now reaching 1 million viewers per week
- Being chosen by AOL as its health destination, replacing AOL Health
"2011 was an incredibly exciting year for all of Everyday Health and the outlook for 2012 is very positive as well," added Mr. Wolin. "We expect to once again experience strong double digit revenue growth from our advertising and sponsorship clients and to provide cutting-edge content and tools for our users and best-in-breed marketing solutions to our customers."
About Everyday Health, Inc.
Attracting 30 million monthly unique visitors (comScore), Everyday Health, Inc. is the leading provider of online health solutions. The company offers consumers, healthcare professionals and marketers with content and advertising-based services. Its broad portfolio of websites and mobile applications span the health spectrum–from in-depth medical content for condition prevention and management to healthy lifestyle offerings. Everyday Health offers the tools, community, and expert advice people need to live healthier lives, every day. Everyday Health, the television series, is brought to you by EverydayHealth.com. Everyday Health was founded in 2002 by CEO, Ben Wolin, and President, Mike Keriakos.
SOURCE Everyday Health, Inc.