Everyday Health, Inc. Names Accomplished Thought Leaders from Media, Technology and Health to Serve on its Newly-Formed Advisory Board Group Will Provide Ongoing Strategic Perspective and Guidance to Everyday Health Team
NEW YORK, Oct. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Everyday Health, Inc., the largest provider of online health solutions to consumers, healthcare professionals and brands, announced today that it has formed an Advisory Board consisting of thought leaders from media, technology and health to provide strategic perspective and guidance to the company.
The Advisory Board – an eminent group that includes a former president of CBS News, a past president and COO of Genentech, a former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration and a former Editor in Chief at the AMA – will advise Everyday Health on key trends, strategic opportunities and best practices impacting online health and digital media.
"Everyday Health operates at the fascinating intersection of the Internet, technology and health, and we are committed to remaining at the forefront of thought leadership in these rapidly changing sectors," said Ben Wolin, a co-founder and the chief executive officer of Everyday Health. "We look forward to the honest and constructive feedback that our Advisory Board will regularly provide to us as we strive to help people live happier and healthier lives every day."
The Everyday Health Advisory Board will meet on a periodic basis as well as consult with senior management on an ongoing basis. This highly-experienced and diverse group includes the following founding members:
- George Lundberg, M.D. (chairman), the former Editor in Chief at the AMA, with editorial responsibility for 39 medical journals, American Medical News, various television and Internet products, and the Editor of JAMA. Dr. Lundberg was an adjunct professor at Harvard from 1993-2008, and is now a consulting professor at Stanford.
- Andrew Heyward, a former President of CBS News and nationally recognized for his expertise and understanding of the shifting media landscape. Heyward currently runs Heyward Advisory, serves as a principal in the strategy firm MarketspaceNext and is a senior advisor to Monitor Group.
- Kurt Holstein, a co-founder of the leading digital agency Rosetta, which was acquired earlier this year by Publicis Groupe for about $575 million. Holstein launched Rosetta in 1998 and helped build it to become a top 10 digital agency in the U.S. He previously spent 16 years in brand management at Procter & Gamble, and is currently founder and CEO of privately-held investment company Azoic Ventures.
- David A. Kessler, M.D., a professor of Pediatrics and Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and former commissioner of the FDA. He was Dean of the School of Medicine and the Vice Chancellor for Medical Affairs at UCSF from 2003-2007 and Dean of the Yale University School of Medicine from 1997 – 2003.
- Mallika Marshall, M.D., board certified in both internal medicine and pediatrics, Dr. Marshall is a practicing physician at the Massachusetts General Hospital Chelsea Urgent Care Clinic as well as a respected medical journalist. A cum laude graduate of Harvard College, Dr. Marshall received her medical degree at the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (UCSF) and is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Society. She completed her medical residency at Harvard University in internal medicine and pediatrics.
- Myrtle Potter is CEO and founder of Myrtle Potter & Company. She also held top leadership positions in the pharmaceutical industry, including president and COO of Genentech, Inc. and president of Bristol-Myers Squibb's Cardiovascular/Metabolic division. She also sits on the Board of Directors for Everyday Health.
About Everyday Health, Inc.
Attracting 28 million monthly unique visitors (source: comScore), Everyday Health, Inc. is the largest provider of online health solutions. The company offers consumers, healthcare professionals and marketers with content and advertising-based services. Its broad portfolio of websites and mobile applications span the health spectrum–from in-depth medical content for condition prevention and management to healthy lifestyle offerings. Everyday Health offers the tools, community, and expert advice people need to live healthier lives, every day. Everyday Health, the television series, is brought to you by EverydayHealth.com. Everyday Health was founded in 2002 by CEO, Ben Wolin, and President, Mike Keriakos.
SOURCE Everyday Health, Inc.