Evolucia Introduces High Performing LED Lamp Line at LIGHTFAIR 2013
New Generation LED Lamp Line Offers Performance and Reliability Designed to Meet the Demands of the Commercial Market.
SARASOTA, Fla., April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Evolucia Inc., (OTCBB & OTCQB: ILED) a global leader in LED (light emitting diodes) lighting products, launches its new generation of LED retrofit lamps. The new line of lamps exhibits long life, superior light output and excellent color. Designed and built in North America, the Evolucia line of LED retrofit lamps is reliable and durable and is backed by a 5 year warranty. Evolucia will introduce its new product line at LIGHTFAIR® International, the largest lighting industry trade show in the world, which runs from April 23 to 25 at the Philadelphia Convention Center.
"The Evolucia line of LED retrofit lamps is designed to exceed the demands of the commercial lighting market, where reliability, durability and technical integrity are essential," said Mel Interiano, CEO of Evolucia Inc., "Recently, we have seen competitive lamp failures and recalls, the Evolucia lamps are designed with a comprehensive front end off the AC line input which includes Metal Oxide Varistors for transient protection. We fuse every single lamp in case of any catastrophic event—Evolucia retrofit LED lamps will not catch fire, as we unfortunately have recently seen with some competitive products."
The best-in-class warm white color exhibited by the Evolucia lamp line was created to simulate the incandescent-like color technology so integral to the design and ambiance that many hotels and restaurants strive to create. "In order to achieve this level of technical integrity, we use high quality components and superior engineering to deliver a premium product line that fulfills customer demands and performs consistently," added Interiano.
The new line of LED retrofit lamps will use approximately 85% less energy than the traditional lighting technology lamps they replace. In most applications, Evolucia's new line of LED retrofit lamps should pay for themselves in one to two years based on energy savings alone. This rapid payback coupled with the exceptionally long life of the LEDs will provide significant financial savings for commercial customers.
The new Evolucia LED retrofit lamp line includes the following lamp types:
- MR16-50, GU5.3 -- A high output MR16 lamp with excellent color rendering (CRI 80) and exceptional light distribution. This small reflector lamp is used in residential and commercial track and downlight fixtures. Ideal in high end retail, museum, hospitality, restaurant, and office applications. Dimmable, available in 11 degree and 23 degree beam angles. Consumes 7.9 watts and lasts 35,000 hours. Replaces 50W halogen MR16 lamps.
- A19 – Extremely efficient, the omnidirectional warm white A19 LED lamp is available in the well known light bulb shape for use in standard lighting fixtures. Ideal in retail, office and hospitality applications. Available as dimmable and non-dimmable. Recycled Reflectance™ optics and proprietary color mixing ensures minimal optical losses, high lumen output and high color rendering (CRI 93/94). Consumes 6.8 to 13.7 watts and lasts between 30,000 and 50,000 hours depending on the lamp type. Replaces 40W and 60W incandescent and halogen lamps.
- PAR20 -- A high output LED replacement lamp with excellent color rendering (CRI 82) for use in track and downlight fixtures. Ideal in retail, hospitality, restaurant and office applications. Dimmable, available in a 24 degree beam spread. Consumes 7.7 watts and lasts about 50,000 hours. Replaces 35W and 50W halogen and incandescent lamps.
- PAR30 -- A high output short neck LED replacement lamp for use in track and downlight fixtures. Ideal in retail, hospitality, restaurant and office applications. Dimmable, available in spot, narrow flood and flood beam spreads. Consumes approximately 11 watts and lasts about 50,000 hours. Replaces 65W and 75W halogen and incandescent lamps.
- PAR38 -- A high output LED replacement lamp for use in track and downlight fixtures. Ideal in retail, hospitality, restaurant and office applications. Dimmable, available in spot, narrow flood and flood beam spreads. Consumes approximately 19 watts and lasts about 50,000 hours. Replaces 75W and 100W halogen and incandescent lamps.
The new Evolucia LED retrofit lamps offer a warm white light color, and are environmentally friendly—no lead, no mercury and are RoHS compliant. The lamps produce no UV or IR radiation and comply with ANSI standards. Operating samples of the new Evolucia retrofit lamps will be shown and demonstrated at LIGHTFAIR, Booth 3925.
"As a first time exhibitor at LIGHTFAIR, Evolucia is showcasing its LED lamp line, infrastructure, architectural, explosion- proof lighting fixtures, and drivers, controls and surge protectors---all sustainable and environmentally responsible solutions for the commercial and industrial market," said Interiano, "We are also bringing our technical excellence, our global vision and our enthusiastic commitment to the emerging LED lighting market."
About Evolucia Inc.
Evolucia Inc. is an industry pioneer in the design, engineering, manufacture and marketing of high performance LED lighting systems to the global lighting markets. Evolucia received the United States Department of Energy's highest award for lighting within the LED category, and has installed thousands of its fixtures at military bases, universities, municipalities, and large commercial entities. Evolucia's LED lighting products are sold under the brand, Evolucia Lighting (www.evolucialighting.com).
All Evolucia products offer highly energy efficient, durable, commercial-grade LED lighting for both indoor and outdoor applications. The company's award winning cobra head and shoe box fixtures employ Evolucia's proprietary Aimed Optics™ technology, which increases light levels and visibility by strategically directing light to the target area. Evolucia fixtures require 50%-80% less energy than traditional lighting, and last for approximately 12 years without maintenance.
Some of the statements made by Evolucia in this press release are forward-looking in nature. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in forward-looking statements. Evolucia believes that its primary risk factors include, but are not limited to: development and maintenance of strategic acquisitions; domestic and international acceptance of our product lines; defending our intellectual property and proprietary rights; development of new products and services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; successfully completing commercial testing of new technologies and systems to support new products and services; and attracting and retaining qualified management and other personnel. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Evolucia's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors.
SOURCE Evolucia Inc.
More by this Source
Mariano Rivera, leyenda del beisbol profesional de grandes ligas, hace equipo con Evolucia para desarrollar pelota de beisbol conmemorativa con iluminación LED única en su tipo.
Sep 21, 2013, 10:59 ET
Dr. Asiri Jayawardena to Lead Evolucia's New LED Technology & Research Center
Nov 04, 2013, 10:18 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.