Ex-Im Bank Annual Report Outlines Record Year for Small Businesses
$27 Billion in Export Financing Supported More than 200,000 U.S. Jobs
WASHINGTON, Dec. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today the Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) released its Fiscal Year 2013 Annual Report highlighting its approval of more than $27 billion in authorizations that supported an estimated 205,000 American jobs. The Bank also approved more than 3,400 small-business authorizations, a new record.
"I am proud to announce that nearly 90 percent of the Bank's transactions in FY 13 were for small businesses – an all-time high," said Ex-Im Bank Chairman and President Fred P. Hochberg. "Ex-Im Bank employees have done a remarkable job of ensuring that American entrepreneurs have the tools they need to succeed in international markets. Whether it's providing export-credit insurance to first-time exporters or working-capital guarantees to returning customers, Ex-Im Bank will continue to fulfill its mission of creating U.S. jobs."
Among the highlights from the 2013 Annual Report:
- Ex-Im financing created or supported an estimated 205,000 export-related U.S. jobs.
- In the last five years (FY 09 to FY 13), Ex-Im Bank has assisted in financing more than $188 billion of U.S. exports and supported 1.2 million American jobs.
- In FY 13, Ex-Im Bank authorized financing for a record high 3,842 export transactions, which totaled an estimated export value of $37.4 billion.
- In FY 13, Ex-Im Bank approved 3,413 small-business authorizations – an all-time high.
- Non-aircraft manufacturing was the industry with the highest authorized amount at $8.5 billion, surpassing aircraft for the first time since 1997.
- Approximately one in five transactions involved women- or minority-owned small businesses.
About Ex-Im Bank
Ex-Im Bank is an independent federal agency that creates and maintains U.S. jobs by filling gaps in private export financing at no cost to American taxpayers. The Bank provides a variety of financing mechanisms, including working-capital guarantees, export-credit insurance and financing to help foreign buyers purchase U.S. goods and services. In the past fiscal year alone, Ex-Im Bank earned for U.S. taxpayers more than $1 billion above the cost of operations.
In FY 2013, Ex-Im Bank approved more than $27 billion in total authorizations to support an estimated $37.4 billion in U.S. export sales and approximately 205,000 American jobs in communities across the country. For the year, the Bank approved a record 3,413 transactions-- or 89 percent--for small-businesses. For more information, visit www.exim.gov.
SOURCE Export-Import Bank of the United States
More by this Source
U.S. Exports Reach $192.5 Billion in January
Mar 07, 2014, 15:25 ET
Ex-Im Bank Names James Burrows as new Senior Vice President for the Small Business Group
Mar 05, 2014, 10:22 ET
U.S. Exports Support a Record 11.3 Million Jobs in 2013
Feb 25, 2014, 17:17 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.