Ex-Scream Home Makeovers Party City Guide for Throwing the Ultimate Halloween Parties
ROCKAWAY, N.J., Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Halloween sets the scene for menacing jack-o-lanterns, costumed trick-or-treaters and over-the-top, spooktacular Halloween parties. The Halloween experts at Party City are introducing three new party themes for the 2010 Halloween season. This year, incorporate the latest design trends and party ideas from Party City to transform suburban bliss into a fantastically frightening scene.
Fangtasia – Vampire Party. The vampire craze, supported by the intense popularity for the Twilight saga and True Blood series, makes vampire-themed parties the favorable choice this year.
- Play with textures and drape couches, countertops and mantels with lace cobwebs and black cheese clothes.
- Use low-wattage black bulbs and lighted pillar candles set in gothic-style candelabras to cast an eerie mood.
- Serve vampire-themed drinks that pack a big bite, including Blood-tinis, Vampire Kisses, Death on the Beaches, and classic Bloody Marys. Party City's black rose glasses, syringe shots and skull goblets will keep guests' thirst at bay.
- Accentuate the dark glamour of vampires with Party City's gothic-inspired Midnight Dreary tableware collection paired with a black rose centerpiece "dripping" with blood-splattered roses.
Shocktail Party – Adult-inspired Spooky Soiree. Leave the standard pumpkin-look behind and instead host a spooky yet sophisticated Halloween cocktail party.
- Add eye-catching details to tableware by layering black onyx chargers with Party City's fleur-de-lis "Shocktail" dessert plates to add a touch of spooky elegance. Accent the place setting with orange embellishments, like orange napkins and cutlery.
- Disguise beverage bottles with clever Halloween bottle labels that feature ghoulish slogans, such as "Raven's Blood Brew" and "Spider Sting Cider."
- Decorate the room with stylish paper lanterns like Party City's Halloween-themed lanterns that feature orange and black damask prints.
Haunt Your Home – Family-friendly Halloween Party. Create a whimsical children's Halloween party that compliments the mood of the season without scaring the littlest of goblins.
- Treat guests young and old with a delicious Halloween-themed candy bar. Create an enticing display with candy eyeballs, black and white jelly beans, candy corn, and gummi worms in Party City's clear apothecary jars.
- Place a steamy cauldron in the center of the tablescape and add dry ice to create a bubbling "truth serum" or "fountain of youth" that is sure to enchant your guests.
- Surprise guests and watch them giggle at a collection of silly creepy-crawlers, like jumbo spiders and furry rats, "peeking" through couch cushions, window blinds, and under tables.
As the premier Halloween specialty retailer, Party City provides party planners with a vast array of Halloween party supplies and decor perfect for any Halloween theme. For additional information on Halloween party supplies or Halloween costumes and accessories, visit a local Party City store or visit www.partycity.com.
About Party City
Party City Corporation is America's largest specialty party goods chain and the country's premier Halloween specialty retailer. Party City operates more than 600 company-owned and franchise stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. As part of the Amscan Holdings, Inc., (AHI), group of companies, Party City is among the more than 900 specialty party stores that AHI either owns, operates or franchises. To learn more about Party City, call 1-800-477-4841 or visit the company's website at www.partycity.com.
SOURCE Party City