ExaGrid Momentum Continues with Double-Digit Growth and Cash Positive Status 'Best at Disk-based Backup' Leader Grows 10 Percent Over Q3-13 and Turns Cash Positive Innovation, Industry Recognition, Unique Scale-out Architecture, and Commitments to Customers Define Year for ExaGrid
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Building products to solve the backup problem, ExaGrid Systems announced today that it grew 10 percent from Q3-13 to Q4-13. The company also announced that is has turned cash positive and will be cash positive from this point moving forward. The company consistently ranked 'best at disk-based backup with deduplication' by leading experts is positioned for a breakout year in 2014.
ExaGrid, which roots its success in addressing customers' needs and providing solutions to their data backup challenges, has led the disk-based backup market by replacing and removing all the challenges of tape backup. ExaGrid is the only solution that permanently fixes the backup window and also offers the industry's fastest restores.
Making waves throughout 2013, ExaGrid:
- Surpassed 1,850 customers
- Launched its most robust appliance that can scale to 210 terabytes in a single GRID
- Became the industry's first tech company to have over 300 published customer success stories
- Was awarded two new patents
- Won four "best product" awards, achieved finalist status in four additional competitions, and earned top spots in analyst reports from three independent firms
"ExaGrid achieved a number of great milestones in 2013," said Bill Andrews, CEO of ExaGrid. "ExaGrid has the first and only product in the category of scale-out disk-based backup with data deduplication. Customers increasingly understand the need to add compute with capacity, as backup and deduplication are both compute-intensive processes. ExaGrid is the only company 100 percent focused on disk-based backup with deduplication and continues to push the envelope as a technology leader and also an industry thought leader."
A Year of Technological Innovation
In October, the company launched its latest appliance, the EX21000E. The new appliance scales to 210 terabytes in a single GRID system and provides up to 400 percent more throughput than its closest competitor. No other backup architecture can match this performance because only ExaGrid solves the compute problems associated with deduplication. ExaGrid is the only disk-based backup solution that permanently fixes the backup window as data grows.
ExaGrid's scale-out grid architecture and compute with capacity model, allows the company's appliances to execute computationally-intensive deduplication functions in parallel across all appliances in a customer's multi-appliance configuration. In addition, ExaGrid's unique landing zone ensures that the most recent backup data can be quickly restored or copied to offsite tape without having to rehydrate the data. With the advent of virtualization, ExaGrid's landing zone can maintain a full copy of a VM. In the event of a failure the VM can be booted directly from the ExaGrid system resulting in an instant recovery. This is another industry exclusive capability.
Praise from the Experts
Accruing four "product of the year" awards, four additional award "shortlist" recognitions, and dominating industry reports, analysts and industry experts alike have consistently recognized the value ExaGrid solutions delivered over the year. In each of these assessments, ExaGrid was pitted against chief rival EMC Data Domain, which requires expensive forklift upgrades once customers hit the data ceiling of the appliance, as well as slow restores since all data is deduplicated or de-hydrated.
2013 awards included:
- IDG InfoWorld 2013 'Technology of the Year' Award
- "Disk Based Product of the Year" at the Annual Storage Awards
- "Product of the Year" at the Techworld Awards
- A bronze medal in SearchStorage.com's annual "Product of the Year" competition
Shortlisted categories at awards included:
- "Backup and Recovery / Archive Product of the Year" at the Annual SVC Awards
- Storage Magazine "One to Watch" Award – Product
- Storage Magazine "One to Watch" Award – Company
- Storage Magazine "Value for Money" Award
Report distinctions included:
- "Best-in-Class" for solutions under $50k and $100k by DCIG
- Earned 99 of 100 points in Info-Tech Vendor Landscape: Disk Backup report
- ESG Lab Report - validation of the effective instant VM recovery capabilities of ExaGrid's system when used with Veeam's virtual data protection solution
About ExaGrid Systems, Inc.
More than 1,850 customers worldwide depend on ExaGrid Systems to solve their backup problems, effectively and permanently. ExaGrid's disk based, scale-out GRID architecture constantly adjusts to incessant growing data backup demands, and is the only solution that combines compute with capacity to permanently shorten backup windows and eliminate expensive forklift upgrades. ExaGrid is also the only solution to offer a landing zone retaining the most recent backups in their full un-deduplicated format for fast restores, fast offsite tape copies, and fast instant recoveries. Read through more than 300 published customer success stories and learn more at www.exagrid.com.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
For more information, please contact:
ExaGrid Systems, Inc.
(508) 898-2872 x566
Corporate Ink for ExaGrid Systems
SOURCE ExaGrid Systems, Inc.