LONDON, Feb. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Executive Analysis of Medium-Duty and Heavy-Duty Value Truck Market in Select Emerging Economies: Value Truck Sales in China, India, Indonesia, and Africa to Reach Over 800,000 Units by 2022
Convergence of the global trucking industry provides pockets of growth for global OEMs and suppliers alike to develop platform based solutions. The mid-market value truck is the most conducive for platform development and expected to be the fastest growing sub-segment in the global truck industry. Frost and Sullivan analysis indicates that by 2022 markets in China, India, Africa, and Indonesia will account for over 80% of all value trucks sold globally.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
Value Truck Market: Key Findings, Global, 2014–2022
- Fastest growing segment: The medium- and heavy-duty (MD-HD) value truck segment in key emerging markets of China, India, Indonesia, and Africa is expected to grow at a CAGR of % to reach over units by 2022.
- Most attractive sub-segment for platform development: By 2022, % of all value trucks built globally will be attributed to platform-based development and manufacturing.
- China-India centric development: With % of all global value trucks to be sold in China and India by 2022, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are expected to develop value platforms based on these markets in the short and medium terms. However, these platforms will feature attributes enabling global scalability in the long term.
- Product differentiation strategies by global OEMs for value trucks to be centered around powertrain upgrades, safety, cab features, and telematics solutions. Larger engines, better safety, more comfort, and track and trace telematics to be key features of these trucks.
- Greater degree of variance from low-cost trucks will give western OEMs, such as Daimler, Volvo, - MAN, etc., the chance to derive greater ROI from TRIAD-based technologies. It will also give faster paybacks to Asian OEMs for R&D money spent in building these trucks.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
-What is a value truck? What are the boundaries defining a value truck in the identified target markets, namely, China, India, Indonesia, and Africa?
-What are the key influencing factors governing the evolution of the trucking industry?
-What is the current size of the value truck market in China, India, Indonesia, and Africa? What are the forecasts for the same through to 2022?
-What are the key value positioning strategies of global OEMs in the value truck market?
-What are key recommendations for success in the value truck market?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3313097/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48