eXo and Convertigo Accelerate Portal Development With Dynamic Widget Wiring
eXo customers can now 'widgetize' existing applications and wire them together for use in the eXo Platform, increasing developer productivity by up to 90 percent
Convertigo to commit widget wiring technology to GateIn portal project, co-led by eXo and Red Hat
SAN FRANCISCO, April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- eXo, a provider of Java portal and user experience technologies, and Convertigo, maker of server technology to create composite applications and mashups, today announced a partnership to accelerate user-centric development with widgets and gadgets on eXo Platform. As part of this agreement, Convertigo will also be contributing its widget wiring technology to the GateIn project.
Today, portal developers have no easy way to create dynamic widgets or gadgets that can interact with each other, requiring instead time-consuming custom coding. In fact, if developers are using legacy assets, they often need to rewrite all the applications from scratch. The eXo-Convertigo partnership changes all this. eXo will integrate the Convertigo InteractionHub with eXo Platform, enabling eXo customers to easily 'widgetize' any application (legacy, modern or third-party), wire them together and put them to work in the eXo environment. The result is customized eXo-based dashboards and a richer user experience for customers -- with up to 90 percent less development time and reduced project costs.
- Convertigo's non-intrusive integration capabilities enable developers to capture and expose business processes where they are, and then create, store and share reusable components as "wireable" widgets. As a result, creating dynamic composite applications for private and public clouds or mobile devices becomes much easier.
- Convertigo is contributing this widget wiring technology to the GateIn project co-led by eXo and Red Hat. GateIn is an open source portal project, created by the merger of eXo Portal and JBoss Portal in 2009. The Convertigo code donation will be integrated into the GateIn code base, which underpins eXo Platform and JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform.
- eXo Platform is an integrated user experience platform (UXP) for building and deploying transactional websites, managing web and social content and creating gadgets and dashboards. It lets companies leverage their existing Java infrastructure, while accommodating changing user behavior driven by consumer web technologies such as social networks, social publishing, forums, etc.
- Benjamin Mestrallet, founder and CEO of eXo: "Convertigo is steps ahead of everyone else in the market in creating this very rich, dynamic widget-wiring technology for portal environments. Through this partnership, eXo is able to leap ahead as well, and offer our customers a truly amazing user experience. Our ability to integrate Convertigo is a testament to the extensibility and breadth of the eXo Platform."
- Olivier Picciotto , CEO of Convertigo: "We're thrilled to partner with eXo on bringing our wiring technology to its portal solution. With eXo, we've found a partner as focused on delivering as great a user experience as we are, and as committed to developing the most cutting-edge technology. It simply made sense to not only collaborate but to also contribute our software to the GateIn project."
- Jason Andersen , director of product marketing for JBoss at Red Hat: "Convertigo provides an elegant solution for widgetizing and wiring applications into the GateIn framework, which in turn simplifies our customers' experience with JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform. With Convertigo's contribution of this technology, GateIn becomes that much stronger of a portal foundation."
Additional Online Resources
- Video of a sales dashboard built with Convertigo and eXo
- Step-by-step tutorial for adding Convertigo widgets to eXo Platform
- eXo blog post on "The Modern Enterprise Dashboard"
- Overview of eXo Platform 3.0
- Overview of Convertigo technology
- GateIn project
Convertigo (http://convertigo.com) provides the most efficient software to integrate data and business logic from enterprise, cloud sources and publish them to portals and mobile devices. The company has more than 300 customers including some of the largest multi-national companies, which benefit from the ability to reduce the time and budget required to complete integration projects by up to 90 percent with the Convertigo Mashup Server. Convertigo is based in Paris and San Francisco. Follow us @convertigo or on our blog.
eXo (http://exoplatform.com) offers the first and only user experience platform for Java. The eXo Platform makes Java websites and applications faster to build and easier to deploy, and offers modern features such as content, collaboration, social and knowledge on a services-based architecture. The company has established technology leadership and proven value by their large European installed base and strategic partnerships with Red Hat and Bull. eXo maintains U.S. headquarters in San Francisco, Calif. with global headquarters in France and offices in Tunisia, Ukraine and Vietnam. For news and updates from eXo, follow @exoplatform.
More by this Source
eXo releases the most user-friendly Open Source Enterprise Social Platform
Apr 09, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.