eXo Extends Seesmic Into Java Enterprises Improves enterprise collaboration with real-time activity streams from eXo social intranet applications inside Seesmic Desktop
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- eXo (http://www.exoplatform.com) today announced that its user experience platform, eXo Platform, is now integrated into the Seesmic Desktop application. The integration extends Seesmic to thousands of eXo enterprise users at large financial services, insurance and telco companies as well as public sector agencies. These organizations have modernized their Java systems with eXo Platform, bringing the rich, social features of the consumer web to their Java applications. Now, from Seesmic Desktop, users can access real-time updates from their eXo-based applications, alongside their Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook activity streams.
- eXo Platform is a social intranet, integrated web content management system and modern application development platform in one for Java enterprises. It provides a framework for integrating existing Java and third-party applications – even those written in Ruby, PHP and .NET – or rapidly building applications, mashups or REST custom APIs.
- Initially launched as a Twitter client, Seesmic Desktop can now manage multiple accounts across several services, including Facebook, Google Buzz, Linkedin and Twitter. With Seesmic Desktop, Seesmic is expanding the use of the Desktop application beyond personal social networks to enterprise applications such as eXo Platform. The new marketplace has over 50 social networking, entertainment, utilities and e-commerce integrations to extend the functionality of their desktop application far beyond Facebook and Twitter.
- Integration of eXo services inside Seesmic Desktop offers convenient access for enterprise users. Real-time updates from co-workers, teams and applications are syndicated inside the application, alongside other services that users frequently access already, such as their Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter accounts.
- By integrating enterprise activity streams into a familiar 'daily use' sort of tool like Seesmic, eXo makes it easier for users to track, respond and collaborate on business-related activities – even when they're not logged into their company social intranet.
- Benjamin Mestrallet, founder and CEO of eXo: "The expansion of Seesmic Desktop into the enterprise further fuels the consumerization of IT that is blurring the lines between the personal and the corporate. Increasingly, our customers want the ease and features of the consumer web in their day-to-day corporate computing life, and eXo integrated into Seesmic does just that."
- Loic Le Meur, CEO of Seesmic: "Our plug-in architecture on Seesmic Desktop allows enterprise players like eXo to expand the reach of their services to social networks. With the integration into Seesmic Desktop, eXo now brings together the internal feeds of an organization and the external feeds of all the social services available on our platform."
- Get the eXo Plugin in the Seesmic Plugin Marketplace
- Watch the video of Seesmic Desktop integrated with eXo
- Overview of the integration
- Read the eXo blog
- Learn more about eXo Platform 3.0
- Download Seesmic Desktop
eXo Platform, Seesmic, Java, user experience platform, UXP, social software, open source
eXo (http://exoplatform.com) offers the first and only user experience platform for Java. The eXo Platform makes Java websites and applications faster to build and easier to deploy, and offers modern features such as content, collaboration, social and knowledge on a services-based architecture. The company has established technology leadership and proven value by their large European installed base and strategic partnerships with Red Hat and Bull. eXo maintains U.S. headquarters in San Francisco, Calif. with global headquarters in France and offices in Tunisia, Ukraine and Vietnam. For news and updates from eXo, follow @exoplatform.
Seesmic is a social management application that offers high-quality, easy-to-use tools for building your brand online. Founded in 2007 and based in San Francisco, our mission is to help people manage their online life, no matter what platform they are on at any moment. We offer an array of products to help achieve this goal, including Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Web and Desktop applications. Over 5 million people all over the world have downloaded our various applications to date. To try Seesmic for yourself, visit seesmic.com.