MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
|Online, complimentary registration available at http://bit.ly/1m8zqwG.|
Peter Adrian, Frost & Sullivan Technical Insights Principal Analyst
Smart textiles, collectively, are a vital emerging technology impacting key applications, such as:
- Healthcare (e.g. home health monitoring, vital signs monitoring, wearable health monitors)
- Sports and Fitness (e.g. tracking activity, pressure distribution, how foot lands on the ground, etc.)
- Fashion (e.g. garments tracking body position and muscle movement)
- Military (e.g. personal protective clothing, e-textiles, wearable power)
- Homeland Security (e.g. protective gear)
This presentation will highlight emerging trends, opportunities and developments for smart textiles; as such it will benefit manufacturers, developers and users of this technology.
"Smart textiles, a building block of wearable electronics, are enabled by miniaturization of electronics and conductive materials. Exciting developments are underway in smart textiles, including wearable textiles with embedded sensors for monitoring vital signs or other physiological parameters, energy harvesting, personal protective garments, to name a few," said Frost & Sullivan Technical Insights Principal Analyst Peter Adrian. "For example, a key impediment to integrating electronic functionality into fabrics has been the power supply required. The ability to efficiently use energy harvesting technology with smart textiles and to create energy harvesting fabrics that are able to convert ambient energy into electricity will enable creation of more compelling e-textiles and energy harvesting textiles and garments. Furthermore, smart textiles are enabling the fabrication of clothing for the protection of soldiers or first responders from chemical warfare agents, or also the ability to provide real-time physiological status and tracking information."
For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Technical Insights research practice, please visit: http://www.ti.frost.com.
- To attend the briefing, you can register by visiting: http://bit.ly/1m8zqwG.
- For further information email email@example.com your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and website, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan