Experian launches platform to manage cross-channel fraud risk Precise ID® with FraudNet provides a single view of a consumer's identity across devices
COSTA MESA, Calif., July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Experian®, the leading global information services company, has announced the launch of a cross-channel fraud platform to better authenticate consumers, validate their mobile devices and identify mobile fraud. The platform combines Experian's Precise ID®, an industry-leading risk-based authentication service, with FraudNet, a global fraud detection and prevention service from 41st Parameter®, a company Experian recently acquired. The combined offering provides organizations with a way to authenticate consumers confidently at multiple touch-points online, subsequently increasing revenues by significantly reducing false positives in their fraud processes, improving operational efficiencies and preserving a positive customer experience.
Companies face significant pressure in authenticating consumers in non-face-to-face channels while protecting their brand from vulnerabilities and financial losses from fraud. Setting up accurate fraud detection processes has become more and more challenging as mobile and online channels have become widely used by consumers. At the same time, fraudsters' techniques are becoming increasingly sophisticated.
"Managing fraud risk and protecting customer identities are becoming more complex as the opportunity for fraud has increased with the proliferation of mobile devices being used for online transactions. Organizations need to confidently authenticate consumers without affecting their overall customer experience," said Adam Fingersh, senior vice president of Experian Decision Analytics. "The Precise ID with FraudNet platform provides organizations with the ability to manage fraud risk associated with traditional identity information coupled with device-based information through a single platform regardless of channel, all while managing a positive customer experience."
Experian's Precise ID with FraudNet platform uses a highly configurable rules-based engine designed to balance an individual business's needs and fraud-risk appetite. The platform combines several features that collectively create a leading offering in the market:
- Identity authentication — The risk-based approach considers credit data, noncredit data, questions, scores and analytics, leveraging Experian's proven analytics and scoring expertise. Custom and configurable rules that support your credit, fraud and compliance policies with Fair Credit Reporting Act and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act compliance aids in meeting mandated government and industry regulations.
- Device intelligence — Fraudsters are taking advantage of new technology and the proliferation of devices. The Precise ID with FraudNet platform enables clients to recognize known returning customers, authenticate new legitimate customers and flag fraudulent threats. By leveraging more than 100 device intelligence attributes and more than 500 actionable rules, Precise ID with FraudNet looks for suspicious and inconsistent device characteristics without the use of any cookies.
- Link analysis tool — Investigators can rapidly assess the authenticity of the transaction or group of transactions. For example, the tool can identify common customer information and billing data, including name, multiple phones, multiple addresses and multiple email addresses from the same device, even if no other information is the same.
- Risk analyzer — Reduce acceptance of bad accounts without negatively impacting profits via a highly customizable rules engine that is configurable to a company's risk appetite to appropriately manage cross-channel risk in a portfolio.
- Investigator workbench – simplifies case management via an online user interface. Precise ID with FraudNet also incorporates detection tools and full audit trails to decrease investigator training times, reduce the volume of manually reviewed transactions and save time and resources in the review process.
Learn more about Precise ID with FraudNet.
About Decision Analytics
Experian's Decision Analytics business combines data intelligence, analytics, software and consulting to provide credit risk, identity and fraud products and services that help clients increase profitability and improve performance. Its enterprise-wide decisioning services enable clients to manage and optimize risk; prevent, detect and reduce fraud; meet regulatory obligations; and gain operational efficiencies. Trusted by leading businesses worldwide, Experian's Decision Analytics business provides the intelligence to make accurate and informed decisions to help clients better manage their customer relationships.
About 41st Parameter
In a world where people are increasingly reliant on a variety of Internet-connected devices for everything from banking to shopping to entertainment and media, creating relevant customer experiences and preventing online fraud are constant business challenges. 41st Parameter, a part of Experian, is the global leader in device recognition and intelligence, using patented technologies and years of expertise to identify devices without cookies, without compromising privacy and without impacting performance. FraudNet combines device intelligence with risk analysis to detect and prevent online fraud before it happens. AdTruth, the digital media division, gives marketers a better way to recognize and reach their most valuable audiences across all types of devices. The TrustInsight® Network enables online merchants to increase sales by approving more trusted transactions. These privacy-compliant services help keep the Internet more secure and relevant for everyone.
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world. The Group helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2014, was US$4.8 billion. Experian employs approximately 16,000 people in 39 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Experian Public Relations
1 212 380 2939