NEW YORK, May 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Join the Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) at Caribbean Week 2013 to experience the celebration of culture and luxury that can only be found in the tropical islands. The island of Barbados will be showcased throughout the week's events and invites members of the media and discerning travelers to learn more about the island's vibrant culture, rich history and discovering the art of fine living. Guests can catch a glimpse of all Barbados has to offer during the following events:
- Travel Show & Educational Seminar for Travel Agents: Designed to help agents boost their clients' vacations with unique experiences, the workshop will include BTA team members that will share information about Barbados' most popular attractions. The workshop will be on Wednesday, June 5th from 8:00 am to 11:00 am at the New Yorker Hotel.
- OneCaribbean Vacation Mart & Caribbean Romance Pavilion: The New Yorker Hotel will be transformed into a holiday destination to recreate a Caribbean getaway. This not-to-miss fair allows potential travelers to purchase deals such as The Barbados Island Inclusive that offers free spending money on vacations that are booked until June 22, 2013. The event will take place on Wednesday, June 5th from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm at the New Yorker Hotel.
- Media Marketplace: Stop by the Barbados booth from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm on Thursday, June 6th at the New Yorker Hotel to learn more about the island's news and for a chance to speak with island officials.
- Bloomingdales Cooking Demonstrations: As part of Caribbean Week, Barbados natives Chef Angela Garraway and Chef Creig Greenidge will prepare and share their favorite island dishes during two-hour demonstrations in select tri-state area locations. The sights and aromas will be sure to entice any crowd to taste each succulent dish. Participating Bloomingdales locations include:
- 59th Street, New York City: Monday, June 3rd from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- 59th Street, New York City: Wednesday, June 5th from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- White Plains, New York: Thursday, June 6th at 1:00 pm
- Bergen, New Jersey: June 8th at 12:00 pm
- Rum & Rhythm: Savor the magic of Caribbean rhythms at the star studded Rum and Rhythm event at Tribeca 360 New York City. To taste the island's bold spices and signature ingredients, sample authentic Bajan cuisine prepared by Chef Angela Garraway and Chef Creig Greenidge, sip on the island's own Cockspur Rum and bid on exclusive vacation packages at the Silent Auction. The ultimate Caribbean celebration will take place on Friday, June 7th from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
Come and experience the sights and sounds of Barbados during Caribbean Week 2013. For more information on traveling to Barbados visit www.visitbarbados.org or call 1-800-221-9831.
The island of Barbados offers the most authentic Caribbean experience with its exceptionally rich culture and history rooted in remarkable landscapes. Rated as one of the world's sexiest beaches in 2008 by Concierge.com; Barbados' Crane Beach in St. Philip stands as a premier destination for travelers. Barbados is also the first Zagat-rated Caribbean island with numerous internationally renowned chefs who masterfully put signature spins on local delicacies and traditions. Barbados is an ideal stage for world-class events and in collaboration with American Express Publishing Corporation, Barbados has hosted its first annual Barbados Food & Wine and Rum Festival in November 2010. The country has also hosted numerous athletic championships, including the 2006 PGA World Golf Championships-Barbados World Cup, the ICC Cricket World Cup Finals in 2007, the Sentebale Charity Polo match with Prince Harry of Wales in 2010, and the ICC Twenty20 Cricket Finals for 2010. Accommodations range from picturesque plantation houses and villas, to quaint bed and breakfasts and award-winning, five-star resorts. Grantley Adams International Airport offers even more non-stop and direct service from a growing number of U.S. cities via Jet Blue and American Airlines, making Barbados the true gateway to the Eastern Caribbean. Barbados was voted eighth in the World by Trip Advisor's '2008 Travelers Choice Destination Awards' in its Top 100 Destinations category. For more information on travel to Barbados, visit www.visitbarbados.org, follow on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/VisitBarbados, via Twitter @Barbados or contact the Barbados Tourism Authority at 1.800.221.9831.
SOURCE Barbados Tourism Authority