PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Philly PHLASH Downtown Bus Loop runs daily through January 3, running every 15 minutes to 22 stops between Penn's Landing and the Please Touch Museum from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Ride the PHLASH this holiday season for convenient and affordable transit to and between sightseeing, holiday activities, dining and stress-free shopping.
New with the PHLASH: Running Thursday – Sunday until December 20, PHLASH is servicing a Holiday Houses Loop that connects visitors from the Philadelphia Museum of Art to the Historical Houses of Fairmount Park; Army-Navy Game ticket holders ride FREE, and purchase tickets and PHLASH passes inside the Independence Visitor Center to receive a FREE lit PHLASH keychain.
Army-Navy Fans Ride FREE: In honor of a 125-year-old football rivalry, Army-Navy ticketholders can show their ticket onboard the PHLASH, Friday, December 11 – Sunday, December 13 to ride FREE.
Holiday Houses Loop in Fairmount Park: The Fairmount Park Conservancy is hosting Christmas at the Historic Houses of Fairmount Park with holiday decorations around this year's theme, "The Twelves Days of Christmas." To make getting there easy, hop on the Holiday Houses Loop at PHLASH Stop 11, located at the west entrance of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and see the "Park Charms" for yourself.
Thursday – Sunday through December 20, the Holiday Houses Loop will pick up at Stop 11 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. For additional transit details, download this one-sheet.
A pass that includes admission to each house and an all-day PHLASH pass for just $23 is available for purchase online, at the Independence Visitor Center or Fairmount Park Welcome Center.
PHLASH will make stops near must-see holiday attractions and special programs:
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest at Penn's Landing
- Being ___ at Christmas at the National Museum of American Jewish History
- Franklin Square Holiday Festival & Electrical Spectacle
- Reading Terminal Holiday Railroad at Reading Terminal Market
- Christmas Tree in the Courtyard of City Hall
- The Rothman Institute Ice Rink in Dilworth Park
- Fairmount Park Welcome Center and Christmas Village in LOVE Park
- Wintery Concerts and more at the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Christmas at the Historic Houses of Fairmount Park
- Zoo Noel at the Philadelphia Zoo
- Enchanted Colonial Village, Festival of Lights, Christmas Extravaganza and more at the Please Touch Museum
- Holiday decor and shopping at The Shops at Liberty Place
- Dickens' Village and Christmas Light Show inside Macy's
- Comcast Holiday Spectacular
Click here to download the ROUTE MAP.
Additionally, PHLASH always services the following key attractions:
- National Constitution Center
- The Barnes Foundation
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Rodin Museum
- The Franklin Institute
HOLIDAY SERVICE SCHEDULE: PHLASH will not operate on Christmas Day or New Year's Day. PHLASH service for the 2015 season ends on January 3, 2016 and will resume in early-Spring of 2016.
Only $5 for an all-day pass or just $2 per ride: PHLASH provides inexpensive, reliable, and easy traveling for visitors and locals alike. Children 4 and under, seniors and SEPTA Pass Holders ride FREE. PHLASH tickets are available on the buses with exact change only, at select hotels and sales locations, and all Independence Visitor Center Corporation (IVCC) visitor center locations.
Get a parking discount at select garages when you show your PHLASH Pass: Drivers to and through the city can park at five (5) Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA) Autopark garages all day for one low price.
Operation of the PHLASH would not be possible without the generous assistance and support of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, the City of Philadelphia, and SEPTA. Additionally, PHLASH continues to be in service due to the contributions of partners throughout the city including the Delaware River Waterfront Corporation, Eastern State Penitentiary, Franklin Institute, National Constitution Center, National Museum of American Jewish History, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia Zoo, Please Touch Museum, The Shops at Liberty Place, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau and Visit Philadelphia®.
SOURCE Independence Visitor Center Corporation (IVCC)