Explorer Launches the World's Largest Message-in-a-Bottle - Constructed by the Owner of Koenigsegg
OSLO, Norway and SANTA CRUZ, Spain, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The world's largest message-in-a-bottle will be released to the ocean currents outside of Tenerife on March 13th. The Norwegian soft drink Solo is behind the project that also involves polar explorer Jarle Andhøy and the owner of Koeningsegg supercars. People worldwide can follow the remarkable journey live on Facebook.
- Like all great expeditions, it has demanded months of hard work and preparation. I just hope it's not run over by a tanker on the first day, says Jarle Andhøy. The godfather of the expedition is well known for his controversial oceanic voyages on the sailboat Berserk.
Inspired by Columbus
Inside the bottle is a case of Solo and a 12 square meter personal letter to the finder.
- We believe Solo is the best soda in the world, but unfortunately not enough people outside of Norway have had the chance to taste it yet. Deciding who should be the lucky ones to get a taste was too heartbreaking, so we decided to leave it to the ocean currents, says Joakim Sande, CEO of Solo.
- The Canary Island is where Columbus set out to discover America in 1492 and where Norwegian icon Thor Heyerdahl spent his last years. It's the perfect location for this ambitious project, he explains.
Greatest bottle of all time?
- It has insurance and the required navigation lights for a drifting object in international waters, not to mention solar panels, satellite-connection and tracking technology. A 140-liter fresh water tank with remote controlled nozzles will clear the lenses of the custom made camera which will upload a picture every 8 hours. It just might be the greatest bottle ever made...probably the most expensive one too, says Eker.
Track it on Facebook
On Solo's Facebook page people can track and guess exactly where the bottle will end up.
- Hopefully we will not end up breaking Captain Brown record for the oldest message in a bottle - it roamed the sea for 97 years and 309 days, laughs Sande.
Free video of how the giant bottle was made, can be downloaded or embedded from this link: https://vimeo.com/61059578
The launch is Wednesday March 13th at 11.30am at Marina San Miguel, Tenerife.
For more information, contact Joakim Sande, CEO of Solo: firstname.lastname@example.org // (+47)-95-43-92-87.
More by this Source
Robado del equipo técnico el mensaje en una botella más largo del mundo
Aug 30, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.