COLLEGE PARK, Md., March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business announces an intensive two-day bootcamp targeting export industry professionals at all experience levels.
"Take the Mystery out of Export Management: A 2-Day Bootcamp for Industry Professionals" takes place Friday and Saturday, April 28-29 in Baltimore at the University of Maryland BioPark building.
The bootcamp modules are designed for both professionals who are exporting a product or service for the first time and experienced exporters looking to be more effective and efficient.
"The workshop will give a solid foundation in global strategy, resources in export management, market analysis and tangible tools for moving goods on the international market," says Rebecca Bellinger, managing director of Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) at UMD's Smith School. CIBER is organizing the series with support from the Maryland Department of Commerce and the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Lead trainer Gary Cohen, associate dean for executive programs at Smith whose 30-year corporate career includes several senior executive positions, will focus on market analysis and evaluation frameworks, strategies for international distribution, terms of sale, reducing financial risk and trade barriers-free trade zones, logistics, IP protection and export compliance.
Cohen will lead each of the following sessions:
- Resources for Market Analysis & Evaluation will explore various frameworks for making strategic "global" decisions.
- Strategies for International Distribution & International Sales Channels will examine why companies distribute to foreign markets and the best modes of entry for distribution into those markets.
- Terms of Sale & INCOTERMS will examine concepts in terms of the importer and exporter agreeing on the cost of goods, risk of product loss and movement of the goods.
- Terms of Payment, Trade Barriers, and Free-trade Zones will cover these terms also in the context of importer-exporter agreement.
- Logistics & How to Get Product to International Markets will cover various logistics, including ocean and air transportation, and intermediaries utilized in global trade.
In addition to Cohen, export-related agency representatives and experienced exporters from private industry will interact and share insight with participants.
For more information, write to CIBER@rhsmith.umd.edu.
Additional contact: Greg Muraski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-892-0973.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/exporters-targeted-for-umd-hosted-workshop-in-baltimore-300417947.html
SOURCE University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business