LAS VEGAS, March 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR), today at Interop Las Vegas (booth #1351) announced a software-defined architecture for the Experience Economy, delivering simple, fast and smart network solutions extending from the mobile campus to the data center.
The new solution, demonstrated on the Interop show floor, is comprised of unified software and high performance hardware offerings. Software includes centralized management, application analytics, and SDN. Extreme Networks has also unveiled new high performance mobile solutions featuring wireless 802.11ac, and new BlackDiamond® X8 100GbE IO modules for the data center.
In today's Experience Economy, with a rapidly changing mobile and social world, people demand the very best experience. They form lasting impressions based on their expectations that applications simply work, allowing them to connect, communicate and share – quickly and reliably. Extreme Networks supplies a simple, fast and smart software-defined architecture that enables the IT organization to meet user needs and expectations.
New Products and Capabilities Extreme Networks brings together software and hardware products that deliver simple, fast and smart network solutions. New products include:
- NetSight 6.0 - Centralized management
- One tool with one database providing automated provisioning leading to rapid problem identification and resolution across the entire network
- Purview - Application Analytics
- Gathers application intelligence at Layer 7 directly from the network enabling rapid decisions for better business outcomes
- SDN 2.0
- Open, standards-based architecture combines automated network and application provisioning and orchestration through open integration with northbound and southbound services, including predefined support for several new 3rd party products
- BlackDiamond X8 100GbE Blade
- 100G wire speed with 20Tbs of non-blocking throughput on a 4 port blade for reduced TCO
- Distance support from 100m to 10Km utilizing SR10 and LR4 CFP2 optical transceiver technology with future 40km support when ER4 optics become available.
- IdentiFi 3800 series 802.11ac access points
- 1.75Gbps total throughput with automatic configuration and RF optimization for seamless support in high-density environments.
Executive Perspectives Bob Laliberte, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group "The network is a critical component to enable increasingly mobile and social enterprises. Accordingly, IT should strive to ensure an optimal experience for all its users all of the time. With its new architecture, Extreme Networks has taken a big step in helping organizations meet that goal by combining network visibility, analytics and policy, over high performance wired and wireless infrastructures. These network solutions are designed to deliver the requisite intelligence, performance and operational simplicity to handle demanding enterprise environments."
Chris Crowell, COO, Extreme Networks "Extreme Networks builds networks to deliver excellence in today's Experience Economy. We accomplish this by combining high performance hardware with a software-defined architecture that is operated as a truly unified solution. By providing a powerful and cohesive network that is simple, fast and smart, we empower our customers with positive and consistent experiences."
- Welcome to the Experience Economy
- The Experience Economy Blog Post
- IdentiFi Wireless Product Page
- AP3825 Indoor Access Point Product Page
- BlackDiamond X8 Product Page
- Purview Product Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) is setting a new standard for superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and market leading service and support. The company delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data center and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. Our award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), cloud and high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo, BlackDiamond and Purview are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to the features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks that are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov.
Media Contacts: Greg Cross Extreme Networks 408 579 3483 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Grabowski Racepoint Global 617 624 3231 ExtremeUS@racepointglobal.com
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.