SAN JOSE, Calif., March 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/-- As demand for Extreme® Networks' (NASDAQ: EXTR) software-driven wireless solutions continues to increase, the company today introduced the ExtremeWireless™ specialization program. The program further enables global channel partners to deliver the wireless solutions customers require in order to increase productivity and responsiveness and extend applications beyond the wired network. This announcement follows enhancements to the Extreme Partner Network program launched in October 2015 and offers increased differentiation and rewards to qualified channel partners with the creation of a wireless specialization badge.
Intended to enhance the wireless solution skillset and create deep understanding of the fundamentals of the technology, the program provides training beyond the ExtremeWireless portfolio. Partners will also learn how to install, configure and troubleshoot other wireless networks when securing the Industry Standard Wireless Certificate (CWTS/CWNA). Earning a specialization badge gives eligible partners market recognition for their technology expertise and also rewards them for their investment and dedication in selling and helping deliver Extreme Networks solutions to customers.
ExtremeWireless Specialization Program Key Facts:
- Eligible Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond partners worldwide can apply for the program by submitting a specialization request form. Qualifying partners will receive a specialization badge that is valid for one year.
- In addition to training sessions, partners with a badge will gain access to exclusive wireless content, including semi-annual webinars with key wireless experts and an annual roundtable discussion around Extreme's global partner conferences.
- The Specialization program also provides additional discounting and reimbursements for training and wireless demo products beyond standard EPN entitlements. Partners can also develop a short customer case study on a recent deployment demonstrating their expertise in wireless technology installations, funded by Extreme pursuant to standard program terms and conditions.
- Participation requirements include a site survey tool and certification to verify tool use, examples of previous customer installations implemented and the attainment of ExtremeWireless demo-equipment in house.
Bob Gault, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales, Services and Channels, Extreme Networks
"Creating the wireless specialization program was a crucial part of the enhancements we made to the Extreme Partner Network and I'm thrilled to see it come to fruition. It's important to our company to acknowledge the skills that make our partners unique in delivering differentiated value to customers by utilizing their ExtremeWireless investments. ExtremeWireless Specialists will further their credibility as trusted advisors committed to delivering the most rewarding end-customer experience."
David Rudnick, Vice President, PC Solutions
"The specialization badge not only validates our expertise of the wireless landscape, showing customers that they can trust and believe in the quality of our wireless infrastructure installations, but boosts employee confidence. We're looking forward to further enabling our customers with best-in-class wireless solutions from Extreme."
Chuck Bartlett, Senior Vice President, Advanced Infrastructure Solutions Division, Tech Data Corp
"The specialization badge identifies experts in the wireless landscape, showing end users that there is a trusted base of partners who can deliver wireless infrastructure installations. We're looking forward to our own experts playing a key role in enabling the current partner base to attain this specialization, as well as finding new partners with the resources and abilities to become wireless specialists."
- Extreme Networks Specialization Homepage
- Extreme Partner Network 2.0 Press Release
- Extreme Networks Solutions-based Strategy Press Release
- Extreme Networks Partner Program Homepage
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to datacenter, we go to extreme measures for our 20,000-plus customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, education, government, healthcare, manufacturing and hospitality. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, ExtremeWireless and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.