TOKYO, Dec. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Exvision, the spin-out venture of Ishikawa-Watanabe Laboratory at University of Tokyo, today launched a Kickstarter campaign for ZKOO, the world's most responsive and accurate hand gesture tracking camera. ZKOO offers users of Windows PCs (7, 8, and 10), mobile devices, and tablets a completely different UI experience of their favorite software and applications, with endless possibilities.
ZKOO is the first motion gesture tracking camera that supports a wide range of host devices including Windows PCs, Android-based tablets, smartphones, set-top boxes and Smart TVs. When combined with supported devices, ZKOO's easy set-up turns living room TVs into smart, gesture- controlled TVs that deliver a deeper, interactive, engaging, and entertaining experience.
How ZKOO Works
ZKOO elevates traditional UI functions by replacing the touchscreen, mouse, or keyboard with natural hand gestures. It then utilizes cutting-edge gesture detection based on Hi-Speed Vision, Exvision's proprietary technology. Hi-Speed Vision detects, tracks, and analyzes fast moving objects with extremely low latency, high accuracy, and robustness with a single CMOS imager and proprietary software algorithm. Bypassing noticeable latency, ZKOO allows PC, tablet, set top boxes and mobile device cursors to be moved with unparalleled smoothness and fidelity.
"The Kickstarter community is the perfect place to begin reaching out to our future users. Exvision believes the Kickstarter community to be visionaries who are genuine, curious and influential, and we want to give this community an opportunity to be the first to experience ZKOO and Hi-Speed Vision," said Sakuya Morimoto, COO of Exvision.
The Tokyo-based company has set the funding goal for ZKOO at $15,000. For a contribution of $60 or more, backers get the ZKOO camera at a much lower price than the $120 retail price. The funds raised from the campaign will be used to further develop Hi-Speed Vision, the technology behind the ZKOO camera.
- Entertainment: Spend less time navigating and more time engaging with apps.
- Games: Experience popular games like never before, using hand gesture controls to swipe, jump and move through a game.,
- Education: Learning together takes on new meaning as parents and children explore software and apps through gesture interaction.
- Business: Deliver presentations in a new way, using hand gestures to flip through slides.
- Discover: Explore new ways to interact with mind-expanding software such as Google Earth, 3D Anatomy and more!
"ZKOO bridges the individual mobile/tablet experience with the more social living room TV, inviting everyone to be involved and spurring group interaction and activity," added Morimoto.
- Fast & Accurate Hand Tracking: Uses an algorithm with low latency and high fidelity for images running at 120 frames per second.
- Single Sensor Camera: ZKOO's camera consists of a single, off-the-shelf sensor, off-the-shelf processor, and proprietary software algorithm.
- Elevated UI Functions: Traditional UI functions (mouse and keyboard) such as hover, click and drag are elevated to natural hand gestures.
- Scalable Solution: ZKOO perfectly reproduces multi-touch UI, enabling users to gesture-play existing games and apps without modification.
- Distance: Motion control is captured from a distance of up to 10 feet.
- Easy Set Up: Seamless integration with Windows 7, 8 & 10 PCs and Android devices.
The Kickstarter campaign, launched today, can be found at
The campaign runs for 40 days, through January 17, 2016 with a goal of $15,000.
Press Kit: http://bit.ly/1jKnLcV
YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdBNqgtzQac
Exvision was established in Jan. 2009 as a spin-out venture of Ishikawa-Watanabe Lab at University of Tokyo, the world leader of high-speed computer vision technologies. Exvision brings state-of-the-art core technologies developed and accumulated at Ishikawa-Watanabe Lab into the commercial level products. The company's first commercial product is ZKOO, the world's most responsive hand gesture tracking camera. For more information visit Exvision's homepage www.exvision.co.jp.
Definition PR for Exvision
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/exvision-kickstarts-zkoo-the-worlds-most-responsive-hand-gesture-tracking-camera-300190327.html