Facebook goes public: A discussion about the future of the Internet giant -- Live on the web
MIAMI, May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following release is being issued by Florida International University:
WHAT: Florida International University is hosting a panel discussion for journalists covering Facebook's upcoming initial public offering. FIU experts from a wide array of fields, including business, law, engineering and communication, will discuss what to expect and what reporters should look out for as the world's largest social media site goes public.
The Miami Herald Business Editor Jane Wooldridge will moderate the discussion and is free and open to the public. To RSVP, please click here.
WHEN AND WHERE: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 10 a.m. at the College of Business Complex room 152 on FIU's Modesto A. Maidique Campus, 11200 SW 8 Street in Miami-Dade County.
WHO: Jane Wooldridge has written about and/or edited coverage of business, news, community, travel and lifestyle. She has worked at The Miami Herald and The New York Times, among other publications. The panel includes:
- Bogdan Carbunar, an assistant professor in the College of Engineering and Computing Science, is an expert on social network security and privacy and will speak on Facebook's ability to collect personal information from its users.
- Rosanna Fiske, an associate professor in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, is the Immediate Past Chair and CEO of the Public Relations Society of America and will speak on how companies' external communications and outreach change once they become publicly-held.
- Raul Reis, dean of the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at FIU, will speak on the ethical issues surrounding Facebook.
- Helen Simon, director of the State Farm Financial Literacy Lab and senior instructor in the College of Business Administration, is president of Personal Business Management Services, LLC, an investment advisory firm in Fort Lauderdale.
- Hannibal Travis, an associate professor in the College of Law, focuses on intellectual property implications of new technologies and user-generated content, as well as antitrust law as applied to broadband and Wi-Fi Internet access markets.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Email Media Relations Assistant Director Jean-Paul Renaud or call 305-348-2716.
SOURCE Florida International University
More by this Source
High-flying performers to train and live on FIU's campus
Dec 11, 2013, 12:21 ET
Researchers link sleep deprivation with criminal behavior among adolescents
Nov 22, 2013, 14:21 ET
FIU Researcher Advances Retinal Implant That Could Restore Sight For The Blind
Nov 14, 2013, 11:38 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.